Facebook data provides the most accurate NFL fandom map ever created (merged) (1 Viewer)

I wonder why Hawaii is such big Steeler fans....:scratch: :hihi:

Way to represent NWLA WHO DAT!? :gosaints: yeah, there are Cowboy fans up yonder, but as I've said in the past, I know they are here, but they've been harder and harder to find over the years.

Now if only they used more colors.. or stripes. hard to see some of them.

i agree. I saw Chicago and thought "wow". then I realized dark blue and purple look darn near the same on that map.

Did we capture Austin?

And what are the blank spots? No internet? No FacingBook?

No wonder Fireman Ed quit. There is only a spot of Jets fans in their area, and (excuse if already asked) but, why is Miami so popular in the midwest? Is that where the U go and farm from or something and become Dolphin fans as well?

So, Alaska is full of Pittsburg and Greenbay Fans?

I say bs to this. I live in alaska and there are lots of gb and pitt fans but the map shows no Saints fans. We have alot of whodats here from civilians to the military. Results only show if you like a teams page. What if u havent liked a teams page? Hell i never go to the team page just here. What if you dont have a fb account. Very skewed numbers and un-scientific.

Did we capture Austin?

And what are the blank spots? No internet? No FacingBook?

Don't know about blanks, but Austin's a bit up and more towards center (in the CENTEX area). That gold is in Beaumont and places outside Houston that possibly visits Lake Charles and N.O....may be relocated Louisianans.

I say bs to this. I live in alaska and there are lots of gb and pitt fans but the map shows no Saints fans. We have alot of whodats here from civilians to the military. Results only show if you like a teams page. What if u havent liked a teams page? Hell i never go to the team page just here. What if you dont have a fb account. Very skewed numbers and un-scientific.

At the University in Fairbanks, there's the nice combo of all teams, obviously, but a large number of Steelers fans. Oh, and at least 2 Vikings fans who yelled at me that the Saints were cheaters back in July.

Yeah, I still hold a grudge.

Yes, it's unscientific, but it's still one of the better metrics we have short of polling every single person in every single country/parish in the U.S. The general trends are probably on point.

Also, people tend to let their confirmation biases get in the way of these things. Like, if you're a Saints (or any team) fan and you see other Saints fans around, you're probably paying more attention to them than you are fans of other teams, thus making you (the general you, not you specifically) think they're more highly represented than they actually are.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom