Facebook Poll:"Should Obama be Killed?" (1 Viewer)

imaking

Veteran
Reaction score
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/28/obama-facebook-poll-asks_n_301860.html

A poll was posted on Facebook asking users to vote "should Obama be killed?"
The responses include: "yes," "maybe," "if he cuts my health care," and "no."
Over 730 people had taken the poll, which was later removed from Facebook. The poll is now being probed by the Secret Service, reports the Associated Press.

originalk.jpg

Thankfully, as this example shows, people that would (possibly) be prone to act out on this also tend to be monumentally stupid.

Has Joe Biden been putting polls on his facebook page again?

Last edited:
This is incidiary disgusting ignorant and disturbing

all the while still not as *****ing mentally challenged as 75% of facebook polls

Last edited by a moderator:
It's BS. Even though I have, from time to time, found myself questioning his policies, his family does not deserve that crap.

Keep it up and no decent person is going to want to run for offi...nvm.

We used to respect our President. Yet since LBJ there has been a steady erosion in us as a society. This type of nonsense would never have been tolerated 40 years ago.

I blame the political parties for fostering this great hatred for whoever is in office (provided they are from the opposing party). The incumbrent is demonized and portrayed as someone who only wants to destroy the fabric of American Life.

While we have a Presidents with flaws, they are only men. Every President only has the interest of the nation at heart. We may disagree with the direction the country may be headed, but we elected them. We should vote with our eyes open, yet are too easily influenced by the media and paid political ads.

Gone are the days where we worked together for the common good. The gridlock in Washington is a result of the political parties becoming more association with the right or left wing of the political spectrum, and they have move progressive away from the mainstream of society.

A poll like the one discussed is disgusting. Yet political extremist don't seem to care that they show themselves as stupid, ignorant and destructive.

I could go into a great diatribe as to what I think is the deterioration of the country, but that would be rambling.

We used to respect our President. Yet since LBJ there has been a steady erosion in us as a society. This type of nonsense would never have been tolerated 40 years ago.

I blame the political parties for fostering this great hatred for whoever is in office (provided they are from the opposing party). The incumbrent is demonized and portrayed as someone who only wants to destroy the fabric of American Life.

While we have a Presidents with flaws, they are only men. Every President only has the interest of the nation at heart. We may disagree with the direction the country may be headed, but we elected them. We should vote with our eyes open, yet are too easily influenced by the media and paid political ads.

Gone are the days where we worked together for the common good. The gridlock in Washington is a result of the political parties becoming more association with the right or left wing of the political spectrum, and they have move progressive away from the mainstream of society.

A poll like the one discussed is disgusting. Yet political extremist don't seem to care that they show themselves as stupid, ignorant and destructive.

I could go into a great diatribe as to what I think is the deterioration of the country, but that would be rambling.

Everything has become about "winning" in politics. Not what is right. But I can't put all the blame on the politicians. We approve of their game too often.

I will be the first to admit that I don't care for Obama, for any number of reasons. However, to suggest that he should be killed is not simply ridiculous--in my opinion, it is tantamount to treason. We have the opportunity for a bloodless coup in this country every four years--people need to overthrow him at the polls or time will do it for us--nutjobs like the person who designed that poll need to be tried, possibly convicted and thrown in prison for a few years. We don't need anyone inciting anyone to make an assassination attempt.

I'm not an Obama fan either, but I respect the man and the office he holds, and this poll is downright embarrassing due to the lack of respect it shows to our head of state. Like him or not, agree with him or not, he IS our President, and deserves the respect of the people he serves. I can respect someone and not agree with them or even like them. How many bosses or teachers have you had that you feel this way about? And yet, there's a certain level of respect that is expected. But sadly, many don't feel that way about our own President.

Whomever started that poll has almost certainly been whisked away in a black helicopter to points unknown by now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom