Facebook question... (1 Viewer)

birdog

SR is my life!
Reaction score
I'm a bit disturbed by this story. For reference, I don't own a Facebook account, I decided long time ago not to have one......but I just don't know about this so called "shadow accounts"......are they include personal info of individuals who don't have Facebook accounts?.....that would be terrible, if true......anyway here's the story:

Anger mounts after Facebook's 'shadow profiles' leak in bug | ZDNet

Crap....now I'm even more concerned....after reading this from the comment section:

Note: This also stood out to me, from the Facebook blog post:

"There were other email addresses or telephone numbers included in the downloads, but they were not connected to any Facebook users or even names of individuals."

So, who do those numbers and email address belong to - and why does Facebook harvest and keep numbers and addresses from people who are not on Facebook?

This reminds me of when they got called out for making profiles for people who are not on Facebook.

"The yearlong gap of exposure as described by Reuters creates a scenario of horrifying possibilities for any woman who has begin to experience harassment, abuse or stalking by an ex within the past year. Or, anyone being maliciously stalked and harassed by a tech-savvy aggressor (or a stalker's Facebook sock puppet) they may have accidentally friended over the past year."

Because men are the only ones who stalk people, I guess the woman that stalked me years ago for no other reason than being bat-crap insane was just a figment of my imagination ;)

"The yearlong gap of exposure as described by Reuters creates a scenario of horrifying possibilities for any woman who has begin to experience harassment, abuse or stalking by an ex within the past year. Or, anyone being maliciously stalked and harassed by a tech-savvy aggressor (or a stalker's Facebook sock puppet) they may have accidentally friended over the past year."

Because men are the only ones who stalk people, I guess the woman that stalked me years ago for no other reason than being bat-crap insane was just a figment of my imagination ;)

Maybe you should have tried to get them psychological help on Saintsreport like any good ex would have done.

Haha people are soo mad about Snowden revelations yet they willingly put all of their personal info and pictures or whatever else on Facebook and Twitter for the world to see.

This video is years old...

CIA's "Facebook" Program Dramatically Cut Agency's Costs - YouTube

Best thing ever for the gooberment.

Apples to oranges. Facebook and Twitter are public, so information and pictures are posted with the knowledge that people will see them. Snowden's revelations involve government snooping on private phone calls, emails and texts. The content of the two are completely different and seriously can't even be compared.

One thing about facebook that is really getting me angry has been posting of ads endorsing a product using my name. I am not only not familar with the product, but I have been getting people contacting me about these products.

Usually what I do after I see these is add an additional endorsement which I am sure the company does not appreciate. But then again, I don't appreciate their tactics either.

I deleted my Facebook at the end of 2012 but was sure to download all my information off of it. Does this mean if I go through those tons and tons of files I inadvertently gathered personal info on friends of mine?

And does this mean they could have done the same to me? Crap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom