Fact Check about imp Falcon Players (1 Viewer)

big_rubes

Color Commentator
Reaction score
Can someome check this out... I wanna say that Tony G, Roddy White, Micheal Turner, and Matt Ryan have yet to win a playoff game in the NFL. I think we will end their winning streak on Monday but the game that matters is in the playoffs.

Michael Turner might have won games with San Diego - just checked - yep - 2008.

Tony Gonzales definitely played in some with the Chiefs though. Never won though.

Matt Ryan 0-1
Michael Turner 2-3 (1-3 when the leading rusher)
Tony Gonzalez 0-3
Roddy White 0-1

ah damn i was wrong about Turner... I knew that Tony had that black mark about him.

I am not knocking the OP at all, but I am curious as to why/how this has any bearing on what they will do in the playoffs? :shrug:
Are you implying that lack of winning experiences in the playoffs will affect them?

I am not knocking the OP at all, but I am curious as to why/how this has any bearing on what they will do in the playoffs? :shrug:
Are you implying that lack of winning experiences in the playoffs will affect them?

exactly....at one point, there were a bunch of Saints players that never won a playoff game

if you are looking for a reason the Falcons will lose in the playoffs, you are going to have to do better than that

exactly....at one point, there were a bunch of Saints players that never won a playoff game

if you are looking for a reason the Falcons will lose in the playoffs, you are going to have to do better than that

What the OP says is valid...playoff experience definitely has value...many teams are regular season champs only to wilt under playoff intensity. Who knows maybe they win a playoff game but playoff experience has in recent times been a factor. I personally think they will lose because they have played about as good as they could in their three "playoff team" caliber wins (The Saints, Ravens, and Packers) and easily could have lost them all.

Good point... expereince is vastly overrated. But some players just deal with playoff pressure better.

The one thing that gets our team rattled or let me say our offense rattled, is the rush to our quaterback. Teams that have the potential to beat us are usually good at getting to Brees. That is not the Falcon's strong suit. They like to control the ball and make a big play once in a while. Their secondary has played amazing the past few weeks.... I think as a whole, we are on equal ground as the Falcons, its going to depend on who makes the turnovers. And right now the Flacons are doing a great job of keeping their mistakes to a min.

Their Secondary is a joke...they haven't played anybody lately...All the Falcons have is they can run and up until recently they could stop the run....everything is else is subpar...Matt Ryan is still developing out of his "game manager" stage...and without his running game he is probably good enough to put up a good game every 4 or 5 games. As long as they can run their dangerous but if they are forced to lean on Ryan they are in trouble.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom