FACTOR: Malcolm Jenkins' wingspan (1 Viewer)

St. Ouachita

Sink or swim
Reaction score
In three games, Malcolm Jenkins has had three impact plays that have swung things the Saints' way, all directly related to his wingspan and arm strength.

-The second-half kickoff forced fumble/strip in the Eagles game
-The Desean Jackson punt return slam/tackle that looked to be open (through a Philly double-team)
-The reach-in forced fumble & recovery on a Bills punt return

IMO, this guy is better than advertised and the coaches are using him at just the right pace. He will be a contributor for years to come, and his wingspread can be lethal in the defensive backfield.

Also, Bills fans are crying about their first-roundpick Maybin and his lack of factor plays. Our 14th pick is doing just fine, thank you very much.

Geaux Saints.

That impressive wing span nearly got him a facemask (JK). He's a player making plays.

He's now made 3 amazing plays on ST (including that hit he put on the Philly return man when he split the gunners). I'm really glad we picked him instead of Wells.

He's now made 3 amazing plays on ST (including that hit he put on the Philly return man when he split the gunners). I'm really glad we picked him instead of Wells.

Yeah! Beanie had all of 2 (count 'em two) carries last night for Arizona in their home loss to the Colts.

I was going to mention as well that he could have been flagged for a face mask penalty on that fumble yesterday. He made a fine play, but the way the calls were going, it's fortunate he wasn't flagged.

He did get a few snaps in the nickle. Was beaten by Josh Reed on a pass completion in 4th quarter. Of course, Gay was beaten by Reed on more than 1 occasion.

The more I see of Jenkins, the more it looks like he's a safety, and not a corner. But ... that's just a personal opinion. What matters is what the coaches think.

It's too early to draw any conclusions regarding Jenkins and Wells, and who will turn out to be the better pro. However, Hamilton and Bell are making the decision not to pick Wells look better for now, since the Saints would have had to give up a 2010 1st round draft choice to move up and draft Wells.

He's a great athlete (don't be misled by his 40 time) and a great competitor. He's making great plays on special teams and when he gets his opportunity on defense, I believe he'll do the same there.

He's a great athlete (don't be misled by his 40 time) and a great competitor. He's making great plays on special teams and when he gets his opportunity on defense, I believe he'll do the same there.

Well said. He has great "playing speed'. He ran down a KO return from behind in that Eagles game, and I know the player was fast. (was it Jackson?)

The more I see of Jenkins, the more it looks like he's a safety, and not a corner. But ... that's just a personal opinion. What matters is what the coaches think.

As I said earlier, I think Jenkins is waiting to have a date with Tony Gonzales. I think he will be the ideal man to cover him and other tight ends a little later in the season. Considering the division we play, if he is productive covering TE's and doing such Special Team plays, then I am very happy with him.

In three games, Malcolm Jenkins has had three impact plays that have swung things the Saints' way, all directly related to his wingspan and arm strength.

-The second-half kickoff forced fumble/strip in the Eagles game
-The Desean Jackson punt return slam/tackle that looked to be open (through a Philly double-team)
-The reach-in forced fumble & recovery on a Bills punt return

IMO, this guy is better than advertised and the coaches are using him at just the right pace. He will be a contributor for years to come, and his wingspread can be lethal in the defensive backfield.

Also, Bills fans are crying about their first-roundpick Maybin and his lack of factor plays. Our 14th pick is doing just fine, thank you very much.

Geaux Saints.

He's so quick. I remember right before the guy fumbled, I was thinking Jenkins overran the returner and I was mad. Then he dropped the ball and the Saints were on it. Amazing.

Jenkins is really coming into his own. I was always a bit skeptical of his speed, but his punt coverage has been amazing. He seams to beat the double team jam and is showing GREAT speed getting down the field.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom