Failclowns 2-8 in month 3 (1 Viewer)

dd

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Should they lose to Panthers next week

They may be clowns, but it was the Saints who failed today. And failed miserably.

SBLI score humor kinda jumps the shark after a loss like today. :jpshakehead:

I may be alone in this but I already think this 28-3 thing is a bit much. There is a thread about it at least once a week.

Dude, thank you so much. I've avoided saying the exact same thing, myself, for weeks now just cuz that joke seems like some kind of sacred cow around here. I was relieved as hell when the Pats stole SB LI away from the Falcons and loved the whole 28-3 thing for a while but sweet jesus it has become the most unoriginal, unfunny, and thoroughly beaten to death excuse for a joke that I can think of.

I may be alone in this but I already think this 28-3 thing is a bit much. There is a thread about it at least once a week.

You aren't alone.

Been sick of hearing about it for well over a year.

I just don't say much about it because RAH RAH TEAM SPIRIT or whatever. But, truthfully, it's becoming the"funny story" that gets told every Thanksgiving or Christmas which you can literally repeat in your head, word-for-word, while the family member is telling it......and you have to offer the fake laugh in response. Except thankfully on here, I don't have to offer the fake laugh...I can just not acknowledge it.

Of course, as I was typing my response......someone got the jump and posted ahead of me, basically summing up my exact thoughts on the matter:

it has become the most unoriginal, unfunny, and thoroughly beaten to death excuse for a joke that I can think of.

Last edited:
You aren't alone.

Been sick of hearing about it for well over a year.

I just don't say much about it because RAH RAH TEAM SPIRIT or whatever.

Yeah, I really despise the attitude on this forum that certain things have to be liked or adhered to or else certain members will try to vilify you.

Yeah, I really despise the attitude on this forum that certain things have to be liked or adhered to or else certain members will try to vilify you.

I don't really so much care about backlash over it ..............it's more like I just didn't wanna get in the way of their fun. This is a Saints forum, so......obviously you expect there to be some reveling in the misfortune of the team's #1 rival.

But, with that said....."28-3" eventually got to the point where it was simply grating to look at. So one might ask "well why open the thread if it has that effect?" Simple....I was curious to see if anyone else was just finally "over" constantly hearing about it. Yet, many of those times, it was just followed by a ton of "likes" and "hearts" and LOLs, etc.

Except in this thread, where I think finally someone picked the wrong day to re-hash that joke and people just had to express their actual thoughts on it.

I'm glad to see some others are tired of the lame 28-3 "jokes" too.

And black floyd is right about the lame mob mentality here.

You're not alone. The 28-3 joke is stupid and it's not our joke. Hell, the stakes weren't the same, but they were close and since the 28-3 we have suffered through the Minny Miracle and the NoCall. And now there was getting curb stomped yesterday by a team that we were supposed to beat 56-6 or whatever other college scores we were supposed be hang on them.

I am glad I am not alone in this. Honestly I was already tired of it a 2 weeks after that game 3 years ago. Now I shake my head every time someone makes a thread about that score. What is more sad is that there are people who add a score or events that will eventually sum up to 28-3 and make a thread about it. Then they gets their likes and LOL and heart or whatever it is. Last week there a huge number of ridiculous threads where people were just making fun of The Falcons. There were a few that mention that this a rival game and we should not take this team likely. But most fail to mention that Matt Ryan is a good quarterback when he is on point and they still have two very good receiver, a decent running back and a tight end who can catch well. Atlanta defense is horrible in general but they always play well against us. I was concern from the beginning.

This won’t be popular but, I will be fine if Falcons when rest of their games except our rematch. Can only help the saints this year and screw up Falcons draft placement next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom