Fair Catch? Strange Call Question (1 Viewer)

SaintKenKen

Delusional Optimist
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sometime in the First Half (I think first quarter), Kamara fields a punt, sheds a dude and gains some yards.

It's ruled that he had called for Fair Catch. Okay, cool....but wouldn't the dude he shed be guilty of Fair Catch Interference?

I may have missed something though.

Sometime in the First Half (I think first quarter), Kamara fields a punt, sheds a dude and gains some yards.

It's ruled that he had called for Fair Catch. Okay, cool....but wouldn't the dude he she'd be guilty of Fair Catch Interference?

I may have missed something though.

He appeared to initiate a half hearted fair catch, then tried to return.

I believe they'd usually flag a returner for trying to return a fair catch.

I think because of how unsure everyone was of the fair catch, that they just let everything go.

Ruled it a fair catch and let any potential penalties slide.

No, he allowed Kamara the room to catch the ball, the attempted tackle came after the catch and as Kamara tried to advance the ball. Neither of which results in a penalty.

No, he allowed Kamara the room to catch the ball, the attempted tackle came after the catch and as Kamara tried to advance the ball. Neither of which results in a penalty.

Gotcha. I was basically on the sideline so I i both did and didn't have a great view and it happened fast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom