VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I almost put this on the politics board because of who's involved

If Joe Biden ran for president and won this would be a much bigger story

The story itself is less political and more Days of Our Lives

I'm voting foul.
========================================================

Former vice president Joe Biden’s family — often depicted in holiday cards that look as if*they could have been torn from the pages of a glossy magazine — revealed a surprising drama* Wednesday, courtesy of a titillating tabloid report.

Hallie Biden, the widow of Beau Biden, the late Delaware attorney general and son of the former vice president, is in a relationship with Beau’s married brother, Hunter, the New York Post’s Page Six reported. And the soap-operatic tale couldn’t be discounted, since it came with on-the-record statements from Hunter Biden and from the former vice president and his wife, Jill.

“Hallie and I are incredibly lucky to have found the love and support we have for each other in such a difficult time, and that’s been obvious to the people who love us most,” Hunter said in a statement to the New York newspaper. “We’ve been so lucky to have family and friends who have supported us every step of the way.”......

Report: Beau Biden

in HS i remember this group of about 5 guys - they had 5 girlfriends - but it seemed like every few months or so, they just rotated which particular one they were dating

at the time i thought it was super weird, but began to realize that comfort and familiarity were a big part of the equation - they just eliminated first few awkward steps of meeting/dating

then add the part that Bill is talking about - grief is a whole other animal - it seems odd, but i sure ain't gonna judge

I think it's more common than you would think.

Where is BobE asking for pics? This thread is lacking his experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poll is backward to situation, btw, it's deceased brother's widow/spouse not his spouse's brother/sister, at least from the way the rest of the goes putting in from the Biden side. I'm not sure that it makes a huge deal of difference, but the way that sort of thing happens does seem to be more understandable the way it did happen. I mean there's sort of this brother is like the deceased thing and family connection that wouldn't exist if it was widow hooking up with person who happened to marry sister of deceased husband. Tangled to explain, but that's harder to imagine happening. I'm not sure at any rate that I'd criticize anyone's relationships as long as they sort it out with all the adults involved.

I think it's more common than you would think.

Probably a bit old hat, eh?

He's separated, she lost her husband.. they're both lonely, have a lot in common.

Where it also gets interesting is that the family is catholic. So, the son better be able to get an Annulment.

I wouldn't judge others for the brother-in-law romance. It's even in the Bible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levirate_marriage
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yibbum

The more titillating detail is that Hunter is married, but in fairness it should be noted that he and his wife have been separated since October 2015.
If both are single then all bets are off. How people choose to deal with grief is their business, but relationships born of a crisis typically don't last. I've always tried (and many times failed) to abide by the rule of waiting one year post-catastrophe before making a major decision like moving, changing jobs, or embarking on a new relationship. Now hooking up, that's another thing entirely but I've always tried to be honest about my emotional state.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom