Fair or Foul? (1 Viewer)

Not inviting the him to my birthday?

• Fair - Why invite the class jerk to my party?

Votes: 29 85.3%
  • Foul - Not cool to invite everyone but him

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
to An eight year old he was a massive jerk

He didn’t beat me up or anything

It was things like taking my lunch or throwing my books out the window, throwing balls of paper at my head when the teacher wasn’t in the room

Things like that

And it wasn’t an everyday thing, and it wasn’t like I was dreading going to school because of him

But it was enough that I didn’t want him at my party

to An eight year old he was a massive jerk

He didn’t beat me up or anything

It was things like taking my lunch or throwing my books out the window, throwing balls of paper at my head when the teacher wasn’t in the room

Things like that

And it wasn’t an everyday thing, and it wasn’t like I was dreading going to school because of him

But it was enough that I didn’t want him at my party

Did he bring a good birthday present?

i didn't even want to go to my own parties. just send me the presents.
I've never wanted bday parties and have never had one. This August I turn 50. I told my wife I want a party....one I don't have to do diddly for. Normally any type of party I'm the BBQ guy. I cook for 10-15 parties a year and while I really enjoy cooking for people I want 1 where I just show up and drink beer.
Everyone is invited....except GMR :smilielol:

Teachers are strange. Why would the teacher call your parents, because you didn't invite a kid to your birthday? I think it was foul on your teacher. You were just a kid, so you get a free pass. Why is this important now? That's the more important question to consider. Is this some form of microcosm of your life, or the beginning of a continued pattern where authority figures are constantly dictating your life's choices?!?!

There was this one kid on my street that I sometimes crossed paths with, and one day I knocked on his door, but I wasn't allowed in, because it was his birthday. Felt strange, but didn't really care. Already had more friends than I needed. Never seen that kid again, until his sisters dressed him up like a girl, and they all came over to my other friend's house. We just looked at him weird and got back to playing with trucks in the sand box.

By the way, Chuck-e-Cheeses was rad in the 80's. Did you get to see the robotic rock concert? Maybe it's time to go to Chuck-e-Cheeses? Why not? They got a band, music, pizza, beer, and video games.

1582682289053.png

Last edited:
I'm on the mom's side
===================

The jury is out on one worried mom who revealed she is planning to exclude an 8-year-old girl from her daughter's birthday party over accusations of bullying......

Discovering your child is being bullied is every parent's worst nightmare and it was no different for the mom writing to Mumsnet under the handle explodingcarrots. They are due to host a 9th birthday party for the girls in her daughter's class but there's a problem.

"The issue we have is that there is one girl in the class who is very mean to other kids and disruptive," she wrote. "She joined the school a year and a half ago and I know numerous parents have been in to school to complain because their child has been bullied , hit and called names."

The mom said her own daughter has been embroiled in "numerous dramas" with the girl which left her upset. More recently still, the girl confronted her daughter who was with a friend in the playground and apparently "called them fat and told them to kill themselves."

As a result of this, the daughter has asked her mother not to invite the girl to her party. Given the situation, her husband does not want her "setting foot in the house" either...........

I'm on the mom's side
===================

The jury is out on one worried mom who revealed she is planning to exclude an 8-year-old girl from her daughter's birthday party over accusations of bullying......

Discovering your child is being bullied is every parent's worst nightmare and it was no different for the mom writing to Mumsnet under the handle explodingcarrots. They are due to host a 9th birthday party for the girls in her daughter's class but there's a problem.

"The issue we have is that there is one girl in the class who is very mean to other kids and disruptive," she wrote. "She joined the school a year and a half ago and I know numerous parents have been in to school to complain because their child has been bullied , hit and called names."

The mom said her own daughter has been embroiled in "numerous dramas" with the girl which left her upset. More recently still, the girl confronted her daughter who was with a friend in the playground and apparently "called them fat and told them to kill themselves."

As a result of this, the daughter has asked her mother not to invite the girl to her party. Given the situation, her husband does not want her "setting foot in the house" either...........

I fail to see why there's any controversy.
I don't invite people I don't like to my parties.
How is this hard to grasp?

If you distribute the invitations at school, you invite everyone. That's a policy for a reason. If you want to be selective, take the extra step or two, and find a way to distribute the invites outside of school.

Kids don't only leave out "bullies", but weird kids, stinky kids, socially awkward kids, and being the only kid in a class not invited to something can be detrimental to emotional and social development of a K-5 kid.

The hard truth is that a 9 year old acting out in that manner very likely has some issues at home and needs some outside help. As difficult is it is to do so, that kid probably needs kindness and love the worst of all the other kids.

I agree.
Still not inviting her to the party.

I agree.
Still not inviting her to the party.
I agree, but @SWJJ does have a point. Distributing invitations at school publicly to all classmates but her could actually be considered a form of intimidation and bullying as well
Singling her out and embarrassing her (even if that isn't the intent) would just put them on the bully's level...the inviting should be done outside of school if they don't wish certain classmates to attend

and being the only kid in a class not invited to something can be detrimental to emotional and social development of a K-5 kid.

But if the kid is the bully/jerk that is emotionally and socially detrimental to the other kids in the class

Like someone said earlier, actions have consequences is something that has to be learned

Now this is not from me, Paul, but from someone who looks just like me and even has the same birthday as me; however, his name is Raul.

Anyway, Raul thinks you all are looking at this all wrong. Invite the bullies and jerks to the parties. Beseech them to come.

“He disappeared in the suffocating plastic balls at Chuck-e-Cheese’s” :shrug:

“I don’t know what happened. The pony just went wild on her and kicked her square in the face.” :shrug:

“Look, how were we supposed to know that the party clown was gonna drop-kick and DDT your kid?” :shrug:

I don’t agree with Raul’s thoughts, but just figured I’d share.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom