Fairley Had a Monster Game (5 Viewers)

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nick Fairley last night: 7 tackles, 1.5 sacks, two tackles-for-loss, two quarterback hits. Sort of surprised, given overall defensive issues</p>&mdash; Joel A. Erickson (@JoelAErickson) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoelAErickson/status/780790006000472064">September 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Nice to see the big man taking advantage and making plays. He was all over the field last night. Can't wait to see him and Rankins together.

Jenkins and especially Kruger looked bad. Atlanta ran right at Kruger a lot.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nick Fairley last night: 7 tackles, 1.5 sacks, two tackles-for-loss, two quarterback hits. Sort of surprised, given overall defensive issues</p>&mdash; Joel A. Erickson (@JoelAErickson) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoelAErickson/status/780790006000472064">September 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Nice to see the big man taking advantage and making plays. He was all over the field last night. Can't wait to see him and Rankins together.

That because Bill Johnson hasn't had time to him his technique. His play will get worse as the season wears on.

That because Bill Johnson hasn't had time to him his technique. His play will get worse as the season wears on.

Just like Cam Jordan, Tyeler Davison, and Edabali.

Oh wait. All of them have improved since coming here.

Bill Johnson isn't our chief concern. Talented players are.

@saints28 lol

But first of all u start by playing him out of position and then coach him the technique of another position...

That's great I love silver linings.

Yes that is why I think it is funny when posters say rankins will all of sudden make this defense legit. He is going do the same exact thing fairley is doing

Encouraging. He can definitely do some damage in rotation. Need more pieces. Issues with quality depth is killing us. Keep him fresh and reduce the wear and tear on him for the long haul.

we have a 3-4 OLB playing 4-3 DE. Kruger has no idea what he's doing.

Which really is a tragedy, because if we had him in position to succeed rather than in a position to be jag, he would probably do very well for us.

I have said it before, and I think you will agree. If our other defensive coaches coached as well as Aaron Glenn, our defense would be a whole lot better. Glenn has taken chicken **** and turned it into chicken salad.

Which really is a tragedy, because if we had him in position to succeed rather than in a position to be jag, he would probably do very well for us.
There may be some truth to that but if I am not mistaken there is a reason the Browns let him go.

My understanding is that in 2014 he was exclusively a rush OLB for the Browns (11 sacks) - pin your ears back and go. In 2015 they asked him to drop into coverage more often where as he was less effective (2.5 sacks). Now he is a Saint.

There may be some truth to that but if I am not mistaken there is a reason the Browns let him go.

My understanding is that in 2014 he was exclusively a rush OLB for the Browns (11 sacks) - pin your ears back and go. In 2015 they asked him to drop into coverage more often where as he was less effective (2.5 sacks). Now he is a Saint.

He played DE in college and early in his career in Baltimore and couldn't get on the field because he wasn't any good. Baltimore moved him to OLB and he blew up.

So of course Payton's Saints sign him to play a position he hasn't spent much time at and wasn't any good at when he did.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom