Fairley wants to be back with the Saints "real bad" (1 Viewer)

St. Geezy

⚜️
Reaction score
After what he considered to be his best season in the NFL, Nick Fairley hopes to re-sign with the New Orleans Saints this offseason.

The 28-year-old defensive tackle finished 2016 with career highs in tackles (43), sacks (6.5) and quarterback hits (22), but his proudest accomplishment was playing all 16 games for the first time in his six-year career.

The Saints gave Fairley a one-year deal last March, the second-straight season in which the former first-round pick signed a prove-it deal. The biggest different between this year and 2015 with the Rams, though, is Fairley proved he can be a highly effective starter.

And Fairley wants to be back with the Saints "real bad."

"I feel real good here," he said Monday. "Throughout this year, I felt comfortable, growing as an individual and a player. I think I played my most consistent ball this year. I just feel like it's the right fit for me."

In addition to his fit in the defensive scheme, Fairley enjoys being about two hours away from Mobile, Ala., his hometown and where he returns each offseason.

Asked later if the Saints would have an edge in free agency, Fairley said they would.

"Of course you know I want to be back here, and I'm trying to get back here," he said.

Nick Fairley 'of course' wants to re-sign with Saints | NOLA.com

yeah, so much for Bill Johnson being a bad dline coach, he had his best season under him....
oh wait, that doesn't fit the narrative, of he has to go.
McMahon on the other hand.. should have had his ticket punched after 3 games.

We need him back. People crying about paying to much need to relax. We have overpaid so many that don't deserve it that it wouldn't bother me at all to pay Nick....he deserves it.

giphy.gif

People don't like to include horoscopes and things in on scouting(though I'm an avid astrology guy) but b4 the season I looked up Fairley's birthday and searched it.

One of the things it talked about was he was someone who would need to find a place he likes, and can get involved in and settled and it would open new doors for him.

Read this months ago during FA as part of my scouting on his personality but thought I would share. Happy to have him and was thrilled at the signing. Definitely need more of that edgy type on the defense. He bring energy.

yeah, so much for Bill Johnson being a bad dline coach, he had his best season under him....

Anyone that's still bashing Bill Johnson is nuts.

He's taken nearly every decently talented player we've handed him in the past five years and made them better. Whether they were draftees or FAs. Even mid-rounders like Davison have excelled under him.

even a blind squirrel can find the occasional nut

He's taken nearly every decently talented player we've handed him in the past five years and made them better. Whether they were draftees or FAs. Even mid-rounders like Davison have excelled under him.

Don't forget getting production out of UDFA's like Glenn Foster/Tyrunn Walker and Bobby Richardson

even a blind squirrel can find the occasional nut

except he's been finding nuts for the entirety of his time with this team.

we won the ******* super bowl with a starting front of Will Smith, Anthony Hargrove, Remi Ayodele and Bobby McCray. One first round pick and a bunch of cast offs who harassed and forced QB's into retirement all year long and all the way to the XLIV Championship.

We're an edge rusher opposite Cam from having a great line. Give credit where it's due.

I've come around on Bill Johnson after seeing how much of our DL issues were with needing a scheme that used them to protect our weak LB corps instead of letting them focus on attacking the QB.

We need him back. People crying about paying to much need to relax. We have overpaid so many that don't deserve it that it wouldn't bother me at all to pay Nick....he deserves it.
I don't mind paying him, but what the Saints get in return for that money. Fairly has had exactly one very good season and all the rest were riddled with questions, unities, half-hearted efforts, etc. It seems convenient when I see a player take it to another level when they're playing for a big contract. this is exactly the kind of situation that had the saints strapped for cash the past few years.

If he falls into his old habits, the Saints can't say they were not warned.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom