Fairly certain that was the fewest passing yards while throwing 5 TDs (1 Viewer)

Meh, we all know Jameis can throw for 600 yds a game....but he would have 3 interceptions. Sean taking it slow with him, small inches of chain at a time. I see what they are doing....and approve. This is probably the least yards Jameis has ever thrown in a game, but it was so controlled you have to applaud it.

We just need Winston to be the field general, he doesn’t have to be Superman. Today def showed that.

he’s the 3rd qb since the 50’s to throw 5tds in the first game with a new team

Last edited:
Winston is on pace for 85 touchdowns and 0 interceptions on the season.
For comparison, Brady and Rodgers are on pace for 34 INT - Each!!

(Disclosure - this post uses some degree of sarcasm)

I thought he made really good decisions with the exception of the INT that was called back on a very questionable penalty.
One thing for certain about SP, he wants to run the ball, so when he can, he does.

One thing I noticed is I felt that our screen plays were well executed. For the past couple of years, they were sloppy and hit and miss.

The defense played really well. Once we get everyone back, they are going to be fun to watch.

That being said, the first 2-3 games of the season, the teams don't always show a lot of cohesion. We had a few plays on defense when we were confused.

---

Just keep letting Sean groom him like Brees did... a d take it slow.
I thought he made really good decisions with the exception of the INT that was called back on a very questionable penalty.
One thing for certain about SP, he wants to run the ball, so when he can, he does.

One thing I noticed is I felt that our screen plays were well executed. For the past couple of years, they were sloppy and hit and miss.

The defense played really well. Once we get everyone back, they are going to be fun to watch.

That being said, the first 2-3 games of the season, the teams don't always show a lot of cohesion. We had a few plays on defense when we were confused.

---
Which is perfect for Jameis and Sean to really gel with each other and the WRs, more importantly. With games like Carolina NE, Gmen, Washington...Sean may let Jameis push down on the gas peddle a little more.

Elite secondary makes it tough, but that's why you have to be an excellent play calling to pick the right battles and set up the offense to time those strike.
This.

Green bay does have an elite secondary but they where neutralized by the Saints run game and especially the offensive line.

To blow out a team with an efficient but not really explosive offensive performance says a lot about your defense, the turnover battle, and field position. Moreover, it’s says a lot about your O and D lines. The Saints won in all those areas yesterday.

Meh, we all know Jameis can throw for 600 yds a game....but he would have 3 interceptions. Sean taking it slow with him, small inches of chain at a time. I see what they are doing....and approve. This is probably the least yards Jameis has ever thrown in a game, but it was so controlled you have to applaud it.
It was brilliantly called. Sean continues to call his best games without Brees. From the games with Teddy, through Hills games to now. I think the challenge of a new QB invigorates him.

He did have a few of his passes dropped by Trautman, which would have increased his yardage. Plus Saints defense set up the O with an INT and turnover on downs. They did not have to drive to far to get those TDs. All in all, Winston looked pretty damn good.

He did have a few of his passes dropped by Trautman, which would have increased his yardage. Plus Saints defense set up the O with an INT and turnover on downs. They did not have to drive to far to get those TDs. All in all, Winston looked pretty damn good.
Trautman really only should've clearly caught one of the 3 targets. 1 was thrown into the ground several yards in front of him. The 2nd was an easy catch, but he appeared to start running before he secured the ball. The 3rd one was thrown too far in front of him, so it appears he only got his fingertips on the ball. It was thrown a bit too hard and he was only about 10 yards in front of Winston, so Trautman didn't have time to react to dive at the ball. The one he should've caught would've gone from about 10 yards, so it wouldn't have made much difference to the total passing yards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom