Fake Crowd Noise at Football Games in 2020 (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
If there are no fans to be allowed at games this season, do you think the league should allow home teams to utilize fake crowd noise at home games?

Got an idea. I don't know how to do it but how about live crowd noise. If the stadium can live stream crowd noise from all over the city, then that would be cool. Live stream Saints fan on the jumbotron watching the game and making all sort of noise.

Yeah I was thinking some mixture of pumping in fake noise and mixing in noises fans could create from the New Orleans Saints app? Maybe not direct audio streams (issues w profanity, etc.) but maybe you could pre-record snippets (that would get scanned for appropriateness) and then hit buttons to play them during the game. All that craziness gets mixed together and blasted into the dome and then is therefore heard on TV as well. Technically I worry about all the delays, of course.

Got an idea. I don't know how to do it but how about live crowd noise. If the stadium can live stream crowd noise from all over the city, then that would be cool. Live stream Saints fan on the jumbotron watching the game and making all sort of noise.

Nah. Let's just watch the game. I don't want some hooligan on the screen banging on pots and pans in his living room.

In all honesty, I've had this thought/question myself in the past two weeks.

On one hand, it would be weird to have crowd noise piped in.
On the other hand, it would be weird to not have crowd noise on the broadcast...

And I'm not even talking about 3rd down on defense to affect the offense.
I'm thinking about the fan experience watching it on TV. No crowd noise would be very sterile.
Also, from the players perspective. You score a highlight reel TD to take the lead and... "crickets"

If not crowd noise, I wonder if they'll play the music in between plays?

I guess more than anything, I hope that somehow, someway, fans will be in seats at football games this year. College and Pro.
I understand that Baseball, basketball, hockey, and other major sports fans have lost their season, and I feel for them. I was looking forward to catching a few LSU baseball games this season like me and my family usually do. But not to the point that I'm bummed about missing it.

But football season? Man, I can't even imagine a world where I can't even go to football games.
Watching on TV is fine I guess... If it goes down that way, then I'll try to feel fortunate that we at least have that unlike NBA, NHL, MBL, etc.. But man...

I’ve made the suggestion before and several have said essentially the same thing
mic all players, coaches and sidelines
Put it in a 10 minute delay to edit for profanity
Coaches can have a pre-edit telling producers what they’re not allowed to broadcast for playcalling secrets

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom