Fake Crowd Noise at Football Games in 2020 (1 Viewer)

The idea of generated noise in an empty stadium just seems too artificial and dumb to me. Many won't agree, but I also think games without fans won't be nearly the same. Just like these virtual concerts. Sure, we still get to enjoy and watch the musicians playing, but they aren't covered in sweat, interacting with the fans, etc. Just not the same. I'd take it over having no football, though, but I think the artificial noise would be kind of silly. Just my opinion. It's okay for anyone to disagree.

I’ve made the suggestion before and several have said essentially the same thing
mic all players, coaches and sidelines
Put it in a 10 minute delay to edit for profanity
Coaches can have a pre-edit telling producers what they’re not allowed to broadcast for playcalling secrets
10 minute delay?? So Drew calling a play from 7 downs ago we'll finally hear??

5 second delay is all they need if anything. Or like The Last Dance last night on ESPN just let it go. Hearing Jordan say "****" and all the other cursing was a breath of fresh air.

10 minute delay?? So Drew calling a play from 7 downs ago we'll finally hear??

5 second delay is all they need if anything. Or like The Last Dance last night on ESPN just let it go. Hearing Jordan say "****" and all the other cursing was a breath of fresh air.
There will be a bunch of sound sources - maybe 30 for each play - so the 10 minutes help choose which clips to feature

If there are no fans to be allowed at games this season, do you think the league should allow home teams to utilize fake crowd noise at home games?
They have been doing that for years in Atlanta, so sure

Got an idea. I don't know how to do it but how about live crowd noise. If the stadium can live stream crowd noise from all over the city, then that would be cool. Live stream Saints fan on the jumbotron watching the game and making all sort of noise.

The teams in the southern part of the US would have an advantage for 1 simple reason: GUNS!!! We've got enough good ole boys in the country who would just empty clip after clip while we were on defense that it would blow most TV speakers.

The teams in the southern part of the US would have an advantage for 1 simple reason: GUNS!!! We've got enough good ole boys in the country who would just empty clip after clip while we were on defense that it would blow most TV speakers.
That was just a thought. In a perfect world, everyone would behave and have fun with it. Probably have 1000 people doing it right but it takes one to ruin the whole experiences. Trust me, I know there will be some bad ones. Some might uses profanity and sexual explicit images. And possible hack could occur. That's why I am not pushing it. But it would be a great idea in a perfect world.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom