Fake fan noise was pathetic (1 Viewer)

Dude.......our fake fan base was off the chart compared to the other fake fan bases

But......I will give complete credit to the Atlanta Falcons---that couldn't be a more accurate representation of their fanbase. The deafening silence throughout the Sphincter Dome was a true representation of the Atlanta Falcon gameday experience. Bravo dirtybirds

Probably the broadcast feed but I heard a good amount of the piped in noise. I wouldn’t get my hopes up on stuff like this, it is what it is. But we could do with some piped in chants and what not.
You might be right about that. The loudest piped in noise I heard today by far was from Foxboro.

It could be from the broadcast/FOX rather than the noise inside the stadium.
In champions league soccer this year some broadcasts added very high quality, pre-recorded fan noise to the broadcast itself, but not within the stadium

It wasn't just the level, it was off. Like the people making the noise weren't exactly watching the game. I kept thinking I was missing something that happened or didn't happen on the field. They can definitely do that better: every EA sports game does it well enough.

It wasn't just the level, it was off. Like the people making the noise weren't exactly watching the game. I kept thinking I was missing something that happened or didn't happen on the field. They can definitely do that better: every EA sports game does it well enough.

I don't know about the NFL, but the NHL is using fan noise from EA Sports and it sounds acceptable to me. At least for the Saints game, I thought the artificial noise was pretty bad. There was a constant whistle noise that kept playing, which I found annoying.

The best way to run the 'crowd noise' equipment is to put one very boisterous, rabid, and experienced Saints fan in that booth with a noise sensor on him/her.
A computer could read both the level and the emotion of vocal sound coming off of that fan. If the fan starts to boo, the computer would play the appropriate 'BOOING' track. If the fan is cheering wildly, a similar track should be played in unison with the timing & level of his cheers. Yes, it would likely require some sort of AI programming to get it right and pull this off properly. But as it sounds now, we just have a lot of unfamiliar white noise that sounds almost like someone is running some weak acoustics check on the building.

And since the volume is nowhere near the level needed to disrupt the opponent, we may as well turn the speakers off while their offense is in the huddle. Maybe our defense can pick up on some of their plays before they line up for their play. Let's face it, if the proper emotion and level of the 'crowd noise' isn't there... is it really helping out the home team in any appreciable way?:unsure:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom