Fake pro bowlers cost too much $$ (4 Viewers)

Pro Bowl

Nobody really watches or looks forward to this game. I think if they want to save it, how about making the Pro Bowl game in June or July. We all want to see football badly around then, so it would be cool and the players should be healed. Even if it was flag football it may fill a void.

NFL teams and GMs know who the real Pro Bowlers are. I doubt this will have any bearing on the contract the "fake Pro Bowlers" eventually get.

How do we know that Bushrod being a "probowler" has driven up his price? Do we even know what his price is?

He signed a short term deal, which was modest, but not that cap friendly. Now, he'll look for a longer term deal, but not necessarily super high dollars.

The market is a bit saturated with tackles this year, he won't be overpaid by too much. I'd like to keep him if it's for a reasonable price, but I wouldn't be upset if he left (I would be more upset if he were paid too much to stay).

WalterFootball.com: 2013 NFL Free Agents - Offensive Tackles
Good link, although it looks to me like most of those guys are Right Tackles. I would love to have Jake Long but that seems equally unreasonable.

Also I see a lot of older guys and guys with injury history.

It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

I do agree that our front office wont over pay too much.

Some guys get paid off of one good game so i would think a pro bowl season would be a factor.

Having a good season is a factor. An invite to the pro bowl is an indicator that you might have had a good season but has no substance when it comes to contract negotiations. The pro bowl is a popularity contest.

I'm not sure where you get your information that guys get paid off of one good game but I'm pretty sure that isn't how it works.

I only used Bushrod as an example of being an alternate pro bowler not that he was not good just not pro bowl good in my eyes. I also agree with what some others have said about the snubbs and its true aswell.

Having a good season is a factor. An invite to the pro bowl is an indicator that you might have had a good season but has no substance when it comes to contract negotiations. The pro bowl is a popularity contest.

I'm not sure where you get your information that guys get paid off of one good game but I'm pretty sure that isn't how it works.

Flynn got paid off of one good game. Larry Brown got a boat load on money from the Raider because of one good game against Pittsburgh. That what i mean by one good game.I know there are more examples those are just right off the top of my head.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom