Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Trailer (3 Viewers)

We don't use Old Bay in Louisiana. Which is why I was saying it should not have been in his sister's spice rack. I just couldn't help but notice the Old Bay in the spice rack. It just stuck out to me.

Had it been an authentic Louisiana spice rack, it would have been Zatarain's, Smack Ya Mamma, Louisiana brand, or a few others that slip my mind at the moment. She also should have had some cayenne pepper and some Tony Chachere's seasoning. But, at least she had some Tabasco sauce. Although, I prefer Crystal hot sauce. By the way, this is likely to start a smack down on what is the best seasoning for your crawfish and/or shrimp boil. Serious business.

I don't care for Crystal at all; it has no kick to me. Might as well add vinegar and ketchup. Give me Tabasco every time. As for the best seasoning for basically all my Cajun recipes, I use a mix of Zatarain's liquid crab boil and Tony's.

And your original point is spot on. Who in their right mind put Old Bay seasoning on her spice rack? It's kay if you're spicing seafood in the New England fashion, but never for Louisiana seafood, which is superior to New England spicing in every way.

I don't care for Crystal at all; it has no kick to me. Might as well add vinegar and ketchup. Give me Tabasco every time. As for the best seasoning for basically all my Cajun recipes, I use a mix of Zatarain's liquid crab boil and Tony's.

And your original point is spot on. Who in their right mind put Old Bay seasoning on her spice rack? It's kay if you're spicing seafood in the New England fashion, but never for Louisiana seafood, which is superior to New England spicing in every way.

Old Bay and Creole seasoning are not equivalent. Using one does not preclude the other.

Also, Tabasco is gross.

Old Bay and Creole seasoning are not equivalent. Using one does not preclude the other.

Also, Tabasco is gross.
Yup. Some people just like a wide arsenals of spices to cook with.

I don't think much or any Louisiana cooking calls for Turmeric, but it's a wonderful spice.

Old Bay has its uses (I don't have any currently), but yes, a house in Louisiana is more likely to have Tony C's or something.

Now that spoiler tags are gone for the week, I want to address a comment I read (not sure from who) about the black/white buddy cop dynamic.

One of the things I'm actually appreciating is they have a completely different buddy cop dynamic. It has nothing to do with race with them, and it's not something that's used in their relationship at all. Their buddy cop tension comes from being the 2 best friends of Steve Rogers in different eras and what that means to each of them. You saw it going back to The Winter Soldier, "I don't think he's someone you save, he's someone you stop." Sam never understood Steve's devotion to Bucky. The jealousy between them was really evident in Civil War where the buddy cop dynamic started to show.

These dudes don't see each other's race, what they see is "there is my best friend's best friend" and that is the cause of their tension. This is especially true for Sam who is always wanting to one-up Bucky. I'm really appreciating the dynamic because it's not something we normally see explored with heroes.

Now that spoiler tags are gone for the week, I want to address a comment I read (not sure from who) about the black/white buddy cop dynamic.

One of the things I'm actually appreciating is they have a completely different buddy cop dynamic. It has nothing to do with race with them, and it's not something that's used in their relationship at all. Their buddy cop tension comes from being the 2 best friends of Steve Rogers in different eras and what that means to each of them. You saw it going back to The Winter Soldier, "I don't think he's someone you save, he's someone you stop." Sam never understood Steve's devotion to Bucky. The jealousy between them was really evident in Civil War where the buddy cop dynamic started to show.

These dudes don't see each other's race, what they see is "there is my best friend's best friend" and that is the cause of their tension. This is especially true for Sam who is always wanting to one-up Bucky. I'm really appreciating the dynamic because it's not something we normally see explored with heroes.
Yeah, some of that is solidified when Sam tries to apologize for Isaiah saying "your people" "he didn't mean...."

Bucky cuts him off, "He meant Hydra" He never took it as a race thing.

Of course, the cops in the street sure did. But that's a whole different thing.

And going back to being Captain's Best Friend.. it's also why Sam got mad at Walker for that last line of "wanting Cap's Wingman at my side" You can't just expect him to best friend you, just cause you have the shield now.

I'll use both, personally/depending. The jambalaya I made yesterday has a good amount of Slap, Old Bay, some cayenne...etc. Wash me in flavor.

i will largely agree but also note that the commentary is there, Sam does 'check' him a few times, but it's never with the sense that Sam feels Bucky is othering (in fact giving Bucky the 'if he's wrong about you then he's wrong about me' is pretty dramatic)
BUT
Sam does tell Bucky 'you aren't going to tell me what my rights are'
and Bucky just doing the 'just show him your ID' (ie 'comply') when the cops rolled up
were layered scenes

i will largely agree but also note that the commentary is there, Sam does 'check' him a few times, but it's never with the sense that Sam feels Bucky is othering (in fact giving Bucky the 'if he's wrong about you then he's wrong about me' is pretty dramatic)
BUT
Sam does tell Bucky 'you aren't going to tell me what my rights are'
and Bucky just doing the 'just show him your ID' (ie 'comply') when the cops rolled up
were layered scenes
Probably a nuance in how they treat each other vs how they act in public? Or better yet, how they perceive their public actions.

Maybe this has been addressed but in Winter Soldier and in the comics Bucky was an enhanced human like Steve Rogers. In the movie he was so bad arse that it took multiple avengers to stop him and even then Cap had to make him remember to stop him, they even built a movie around him. All of a sudden he is this normal guy with a mechanical arm who seems clumsy and not really powerful. Hell black widow was scared of him. Why did they strip him down?

My only commentary for this week is that "We better get to see Isaiah rip off half of Bucky's arm" is my new "We better get to see Ned Stark fight Ser Arthur Dayne at the Tower of Joy."

Also because I am old every time I see the name of the show I read it as "The Falcon and the Snowman."

1617049759558.png

Maybe this has been addressed but in Winter Soldier and in the comics Bucky was an enhanced human like Steve Rogers. In the movie he was so bad arse that it took multiple avengers to stop him and even then Cap had to make him remember to stop him, they even built a movie around him. All of a sudden he is this normal guy with a mechanical arm who seems clumsy and not really powerful. Hell black widow was scared of him. Why did they strip him down?

They showed him with enhanced speed in the episode. I didn't notice him being clumsy but he also was more badarse when he was brainwashed to be with Hydra.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom