Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Trailer (2 Viewers)

There's one little thing I wasn't a fan of,
I didn't like how he was able to take the serum and no one knew about it until you see him fighting. Doesn't it still make you convulse and shirt? Since Battlestar was killed they could've had him know about it and maybe warn him to be careful. Outside of that minor thing I enjoyed everything about the episode.

The only thing I didn't love was Sam trying to talk Karli down (because it would be clear that she's too far gone after that explosion), and even that worked well, showing why Sam is deserving of the mantle because he sees the best in people and tries to find a better way.

Loved the parallel of how Steve reacted when he was enraged and had Stark dead to rights vs. how John Walker operated in that same scenario with a Flag Smasher. They did a great job with Walker overall this episode. I enjoyed how it was revealed slowly that he had taken the serum and we found out when everyone else did. I expected to see a scene of him dosing, but from him twitching to bending the pipe to full superhero landing worked.

Everything with the Dora Milaje was excellent, as was Zemo. Strapped in and ready for the last two episodes.
from Sam's pov if she's taking the time to come to the funeral, then she's still reachable
and i thought the show did a good job with the Smashers sitting around listening to the radio and quietly judging/not judging

I thought they telegraphed it so hard that seeing the actual injection was not needed at all.

It's not that I thought we needed to see him take it but it's not like taking a vitamin where no one knows what you did until you bend pipes. It would've taken less than a minute to show him spazzing out and Lemar saying he's going to get a doctor and he tells him no, that he took the serum and he'll be fine. Again, it's not that big of a deal to me but I just thought it would've played better.

I won’t lie, I liked Lemar.

He was effectively Walker's moral compass and now that he's gone, well...you see what happens.

I thought this was a great episode with pretty significant character development (or at least exploration) for everyone. From getting to see Bucky after first being deprogrammed to why Sam is absolutely the right choice to carry the shield to Karli seeming less like menacing revolutionary and more like a kid in way over her head that Sam still sees hope in, to Zero philosophizing on the supremacist nature of those that would seek super powers. To Walker's very public, very brutal meltdown. Just great stuff all around.

Overall, I thought it was good. Loved the bit with the Dora Milaje. The fact the one just touched Bucky like 2-3 times, and boop, the arm is off. And the little Captain America Winter Soldier Elevator Scene throw back with the other stomping on the shield to flip it up.

I really don't like Walker. I mean, I get that he's cracking under the pressure (well before the one I liked, Battlestar gets killed). I get he desires to do good, but he's really trying too hard. While he earned many things as a soldier, he was given Captain America. That's not how you become Captain America. You have to earn it. Sam, may have been 'given' to some degree, but to Steve, he earned it.

That said, other than the obvious call back to Steve Rogers beating Iron man with the shield, and then stopping himself, you clearly have Walker finishing the kill. The other call back was when he and Battlestar open the door and he has the pistol and shield out, that's straight from the original Captain America movie. They really did try to re-create a few different shots.

Side note, remember when we had the discussion that Bucky was way underpowered, and a few of us said, well, he's trying not to hurt anyone. He's in his own head. Yeah, Clearly between the last two episodes that was the situation and he's fully on ready to go when needed. I thought he was going to snap Zemo in half. Then later with the Flag Smasher's, he just went through them like butter.

I liked the little line about Zemo's head tilt thing. lol. Made me laugh. But man, even singing that guy sounds like a psycho. haha. No kids would have taken his candy. it's like Batman singing the Sound of Violence.

Regarding Walker taking the serum. I'm pretty sure after he had that chat with Battlestar, a little time passed. I don't think the next scene was the same day. I think he went off on his own and did it.

He was effectively Walker's moral compass and now that he's gone, well...you see what happens.

I thought this was a great episode with pretty significant character development (or at least exploration) for everyone. From getting to see Bucky after first being deprogrammed to why Sam is absolutely the right choice to carry the shield to Karli seeming less like menacing revolutionary and more like a kid in way over her head that Sam still sees hope in, to Zero philosophizing on the supremacist nature of those that would seek super powers. To Walker's very public, very brutal meltdown. Just great stuff all around.
The episode Title was spot on. The Whole World is Watching. Yup..

All I know is that this Walker Cap crap needs to stop soon. Dude is so weak. Let some punk try spitting in Steve Rogers’s face. They’d still be trying to pick him out of a brick wall, piece by piece.

Hey Walker, hand over the shield and sit your goofy arse down.

my son has dubbed him ‘Captain Tryhard’

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom