Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Trailer (1 Viewer)

I just remembered another issue I had with the latest episode,
Karli says that she wants to kill Captain America. Well why did she leave after killing his partner? He was in a state of shock for that moment and instead of trying to kill him too she just leaves. I didn't like that.

She knew she had forked up. She's operating at a level considerably outside of her depth. Its clear she's not quite the badass revolutionary she sees herself as, especially after this last episode.

She knew she had forked up. She's operating at a level considerably outside if her depth.. Its clear she's not quite the badass revolutionary she sees herself as, especially after this last episode.

She didn't seem to be out of her depth when she murdered those people in that warehouse but you are right, she seemed to realize she made a mistake.

She didn't seem to be out of her depth when she murdered those people in that warehouse but you are right, she seemed to realize she made a mistake.

I thought about this and I don't think she realized Battlestar was not a powered individual. I think she expected him to take that punch. Once she realized what she'd done, she knew she had to get out.

I knew Walker would be P'Oed, but to just go out and viciously kill a dude was unexpected. That serum forked with his head.

I thought about this and I don't think she realized Battlestar was not a powered individual. I think she expected him to take that punch. Once she realized what she'd done, she knew she had to get out.

I knew Walker would be P'Oed, but to just go out and viciously kill a dude was unexpected. That serum forked with his head.
What made her think he was superpowered? She was told that all of the serums were destroyed.

What made her think he was superpowered? She was told that all of the serums were destroyed.

Well, both Walker and Bucky are super powered. Sam can hold his own, they were all trading blows. She was about ready to wreck Walker when Battlestar tried to stop her. Then she punched him like she was about to do to Walker. I don't think she intended to kill him.

Well, both Walker and Bucky are super powered. Sam can hold his own, they were all trading blows. She was about ready to wreck Walker when Battlestar tried to stop her. Then she punched him like she was about to do to Walker. I don't think she intended to kill him.

She doesn't know Walker was super powered either until the fight maybe, he wasn't before where she easily handled him.

She doesn't know Walker was super powered either until the fight maybe, he wasn't before where she easily handled him.

I thought she did know during the fight. He was wrecking shop and I think she noticed. But maybe not, I'd have to watch again. She was clearly shocked though.

I thought she did know during the fight. He was wrecking shop and I think she noticed. But maybe not, I'd have to watch again. She was clearly shocked though.

I admitted that if she knew she didn't know until they were fighting that time but it's not like Battlestar was wrecking shop himself.

I think she didn’t know her own strength, so she was shocked. And like others have said, she’s probably realizing she’s out of her depth here and not quite the revolutionary she thinks she is.

Also, I don’t know how old the character is supposed to be, but the actress is 22 or 23. She’s still a kid. So she was behind blowing up that building, but she didn’t see the life leave the people inside. This was maybe her first taste of dealing with the damage she caused first hand. Then seeing that Walker was on a different level than they’d dealt with before...not a bad move to run. Plus, if her goal was to damage the symbol that is Captain America, what happened probably accomplished that better than killing him ever would.

I just remembered another issue I had with the latest episode,
Karli says that she wants to kill Captain America. Well why did she leave after killing his partner? He was in a state of shock for that moment and instead of trying to kill him too she just leaves. I didn't like that.

I had somewhat the same reaction initially, but then I realized the difference. When she blew up the car that killed the people inside the building, it was kind of like pilots who dropped bombs from planes. Sure, intellectually, one knows the bombs are destroying things and probably killing someone, but not seeing it doesn't have the same "real" impact of killing someone right in front of you like foot soldiers have to do.
So after thinking about it, I think when she killed Lemar the reality of killing another human being hit her squarely between the eyes. The suddeness of it and the violence of it was something she could not deal with mentally, so she ran - more from herself than Walker. This struck me when she was looking on in such horror at Walker killing her friend. She is in way over her head, and had no idea that these horrible things are what war really is. It will be very interesting to see how they have her react to what's happened.

EDIT: Brockmeaux beat me to it by a few seconds there. We're obviously had the same reaction.

She was just simply frustrated and lashed out. That's why he was killed. She wasn't thinking at all.

She was just simply frustrated and lashed out. That's why he was killed. She wasn't thinking at all.

Yeah, I can buy that. I think she wasn't expecting to get sideswiped by Battlestar so she just instinctively went all out on him.

The bigger question to me is where do we go from here? The news of Walker savagely killing that guy is gonna spread like wildfire. Even though he's not an Avenger, it's going to reflect on all of them. Wonder if Walker is forced to give up the shield. Does he hand it over to Sam? The Power Broker has to make an appearance. Will Sharon continue working with them?

A question or two regarding the serum. When Steve Rogers took it, he got inches taller and put on around 100 lbs of muscle/mass. None of the others who have taken the serum have had the same reaction. Was it the light/radiation treatment in addition to the serum that boosted Steve so much? No one else seems to be doing that part of the treatment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom