Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Trailer (6 Viewers)

What I’m saying is instead of just giving it to the government (which had he and Steve on the run for 2 years and who he still doesn’t trust) instead of going back to Steve and saying I don’t want it, it belongs to you and you can give it to someone else that may be worthy. I’m just not liking the way it’s going. I think they are getting to political. Maybe it’s the fact that marvel and Chris Evans did such a great job with captain America that this entire story line seems blah. I’d rather just see the two of them do a show and leave the cap stuff behind but then maybe there isn’t a show.

Sam didn't feel worthy, so he turned it over to the Smithsonian to preserve the legacy of Cap, not expecting the government to do what they did. He and Rhodey talked right after the ceremony, where Sam said that maybe the world just didn't need a Cap right now instead of trying to replace Steve. Bucky has questioned his choice to give it up because he doesn't understand the societal factors that have conditioned Sam (and many, many black Americans) to think he's less-than on some level. This show is really Sam's journey to embracing his place and taking up the mantle. I kind of expect him to reclaim it by the end of next week, and the last episode is full-on Sam as the new Captain America.

As far as political, this show is being very subtle, I think, at least compared to what they could be doing and saying. Cap has always been a political character and book, usually in direct conflict with the government he represents and providing commentary on what's going on in the world. Apart from the scene outside Isaiah's house where the police profiled Sam, they haven't been too overt with any political messages, I don't find.

No more Tony Stark sucks though. What happens to all of his stuff? Does Pepper get all of it?

I expect this to be the driving question behind both Armor Wars and Iron Heart. What happens when Stark tech escapes into the wild and there's no more Stark around to police it.

He's ancient, but one might think the serum would help him live longer.

That said, they did make him look fairly old at the end of Endgame.

No more Tony Stark sucks though. What happens to all of his stuff? Does Pepper get all of it?

Ironheart takes over for now? I also heard Downey is somehow coming back for another movie? I thought it would be Ironheart/Warmachine until Morgan was old enough to take it over.

Sam didn't feel worthy, so he turned it over to the Smithsonian to preserve the legacy of Cap, not expecting the government to do what they did. He and Rhodey talked right after the ceremony, where Sam said that maybe the world just didn't need a Cap right now instead of trying to replace Steve. Bucky has questioned his choice to give it up because he doesn't understand the societal factors that have conditioned Sam (and many, many black Americans) to think he's less-than on some level. This show is really Sam's journey to embracing his place and taking up the mantle. I kind of expect him to reclaim it by the end of next week, and the last episode is full-on Sam as the new Captain America.

As far as political, this show is being very subtle, I think, at least compared to what they could be doing and saying. Cap has always been a political character and book, usually in direct conflict with the government he represents and providing commentary on what's going on in the world. Apart from the scene outside Isaiah's house where the police profiled Sam, they haven't been too overt with any political messages, I don't find.

Actually I'd be surprised if he takes it back. I think he likes being Falcon enough that he doesn't need to be CA. I know he has feelings about not being worthy, but it think it might be as much about maintaining his own unique identity, which he might feel isn't the CA brand.

I do think that since Isiah’s blood was used for a version of the super serum, maybe Sam can get his hands on that for the super strength to go toe to toe with the flag smashers.

I don't really know which way he's headed. I think he'd be a strong CA, but I don't see him expressing passion for it. It's weird. I feel like he probably still doesn't want the role even after all this.

Actually I'd be surprised if he takes it back. I think he likes being Falcon enough that he doesn't need to be CA. I know he has feelings about not being worthy, but it think it might be as much about maintaining his own unique identity, which he might feel isn't the CA brand.

I do think that since Isiah’s blood was used for a version of the super serum, maybe Sam can get his hands on that for the super strength to go toe to toe with the flag smashers.

I don't really know which way he's headed. I think he'd be a strong CA, but I don't see him expressing passion for it. It's weird. I feel like he probably still doesn't want the role even after all this.
Well the obvious paradox is that anyone who ‘wants’ it doesn’t deserve it

He gets his hands on it at some point, it was in the trailer footage before the show premiered.

I mean I know that the MCU doesn't follow the comic story lines exactly, but Sam took the Captain America name for some time in the Marvel Comics - and Bucky did as well for that matter. I'm feeling pretty certain the main plot of this whole series is Sam's journey towards taking on the mantle of CA.

I mean I know that the MCU doesn't follow the comic story lines exactly, but Sam took the Captain America name for some time in the Marvel Comics - and Bucky did as well for that matter. I'm feeling pretty certain the main plot of this whole series is Sam's journey towards taking on the mantle of CA.

I was thinking the same thing, but if he took I right now, it would feel a bit contrived. I'm curious to see if Walker would give it up willingly after the end of the last episode.

Hmm, we haven't seen that scene of him throwing the shield right? If we haven't, then yeah... lol. Good catch. I thought we had already seen everything included in the trailers, so I was scratching my head there.
I'm surprised that other people didn't know about this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom