Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Trailer (5 Viewers)

Click on the triple dots by the image icon. Then click on the one with an eye crossed out.

Overall I enjoyed it. Great action out the gate. Way to tie a lot of themes together.

a store bought cake to a pot luck?
wakanda did not supply the whisk attachment to the arm

-Loved the Zemo bit. This man hates superhumans and not even prison will stop him from acting on that. One World. One People. ONE BOOM.

-Having Walker around as anti-hero US Agent on what will presumably be the Thunderbolts is a choice I'm happy with.

-Love how they incorporated the wings and jets into Sam's fighting style with the shield.

-Carl Lumbly is forking talented.

-Eli Bradley (Isaiah's grandson) slowly getting a little more face time each time Sam went back may indicate him as a future member of the Young Avengers project that has never actually been confirmed to exist but the groundwork for which is absolutely being laid.

-Not to repeat myself, but Sharon is absolutely a Skrull. I was wrong about Mephisto, I will not be wrong about this.

Well, I had a number of issues with the series. I didn't feel the Joan of Arc on steroids thing. The new uniform looks like it belongs in The Boys. Needed more Zemo. Too much touchy-feely for my taste.

Here is my non spoiler take:

1) The Hero(es) Story Arc: good stuff. I am left wanting more on Sam, Bucky, and Walker

2) The Villains Story Arc: Uh, What? It was a mess. If anyone can provide a 1 paragraph version of what the GRC was doing and why it was so horrible and/or what the FlagSmashers were about, please let me know. I can suspend disbelief with the best of them, but everything outside of the "us vs them" combat was a mess. I hear rumors of a virus plot that was buried due to COVID and not wanting to piss off China, but it was a mess.

The bad guy senator asks probably the most salient question about the Blip and I am still trying to interpret Sam's reply.

Also the new uni would be awesome except for the headpiece. My wife was like why does he have a bandage on his head.

Here is my non spoiler take:

1) The Hero(es) Story Arc: good stuff. I am left wanting more on Sam, Bucky, and Walker

2) The Villains Story Arc: Uh, What? It was a mess. If anyone can provide a 1 paragraph version of what the GRC was doing and why it was so horrible and/or what the FlagSmashers were about, please let me know. I can suspend disbelief with the best of them, but everything outside of the "us vs them" combat was a mess. I hear rumors of a virus plot that was buried due to COVID and not wanting to piss off China, but it was a mess.

The bad guy senator asks probably the most salient question about the Blip and I am still trying to interpret Sam's reply.

Also the new uni would be awesome except for the headpiece. My wife was like why does he have a bandage on his head.
During the Blip, the people left moved to settle and use resources/homes that were left abandoned by the disappeared. Countries were happy to have them because every nation on Earth suddenly had lost half their citizens/workers/taxpayers. When everyone came back, the GRC set up resettlement camps for people that were displaced and tried to restore order. They were about to vote to have military forces begin forced relocation to people’s countries of origin, and into these overcrowded, under stocked camps and restore traditional borders. The Flag Smashers wanted to stop them and live in a world without borders where people could freely go to where resources were available. One people, one world (Zemo boom).

Overall, I will definitely agree that the Flag Smashers were very weak as the villains. Maybe there was a missing virus storyline, maybe they were just poorly written. I’m of the opinion that they were basically just tools to get Sam, Bucky, and John Walker moving and to where they needed to be by the end of episode 6. Like I said way earlier in the thread, the show was really just about Sam accepting what others saw in him and claiming his place, and Bucky finally dealing with his demons. Everything else was window dressing.

Now, they’re all in a position for a movie and/or future seasons, where stronger villains can take center stage and challenge our heroes.

Another thing this show did was give us a fleshed out US Agent. One detail that I liked was that Walker put his medal on his side of the shield as a reminder. While the redemption was a hair fast, he’s an antihero, not an outright bad guy. So he’s going to get his hands dirty, but for the cause. Can’t wait to see where they take him, whether it’s Thunderbolts or Dark Avengers or whatever Val’s putting together.

Had to binge watch the last three episodes with my son tonight or last night I guess. Sucks that it’s come to an end already. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Full disclosure - I get a bit sentimental every time I see and hear the MCU opening. It feels like it’s been several years since me and my family sat in a theater on opening night for a new Marvel movie.

I’m not posting any spoilers - I thought the show and the last episode were great.

-Not to repeat myself, but Sharon is absolutely a Skrull. I was wrong about Mephisto, I will not be wrong about this.

Boy you're gonna be upset when you find out Sharon has been Mephisto all along

Loves the season overall but it did have some issues. Dialogue was campy at times. Carli's character development was terrible. The action was great in some scenes yet grossly over choreographed at times.

-Loved the Zemo bit. This man hates superhumans and not even prison will stop him from acting on that. One World. One People. ONE BOOM.

-Having Walker around as anti-hero US Agent on what will presumably be the Thunderbolts is a choice I'm happy with.

-Love how they incorporated the wings and jets into Sam's fighting style with the shield.

-Carl Lumbly is forking talented.

-Eli Bradley (Isaiah's grandson) slowly getting a little more face time each time Sam went back may indicate him as a future member of the Young Avengers project that has never actually been confirmed to exist but the groundwork for which is absolutely being laid.

Sharon's heel turn doesn't seem right to me either. The skrull theory is very good. It would roll into the Skrull Invasion story very well.

After some thought I'm wondering if that's Mystique. The Madripoor connection works as well. At one point in the comics, Mystique tried to use a drug to turn everybody on Madripoor into a mutant.

Did it strike anyone else how easily super soldiers were killed? Captain America fought gods and kept coming back, maybe it’s just a different serum....
3C49E4DC-B79A-48A2-9EE8-FB2B78F2B75E.jpeg

Never thought of it that way before. He was about to take on everyone by himself. God I miss Chris Evans!!!!

Last edited:
Did it strike anyone else how easily super soldiers were killed? Captain America fought gods and kept coming back, maybe it’s just a different serum....
3C49E4DC-B79A-48A2-9EE8-FB2B78F2B75E.jpeg

Never thought of it that way before. He was about to take on everyone by himself. God I miss Chris Evans!!!!

It was a different serum...and Vita-rays. The process Steve Rogers went through was different than what the others went through.

It was a different serum...and Vita-rays. The process Steve Rogers went through was different than what the others went through.

I thought that was just radiation for the serum. Didn’t know it was part of enhancement

I thought that was just radiation for the serum. Didn’t know it was part of enhancement
Pretty sure it was part of the enhancement. Steve's body mass literally doubled from the procedure he went through. While the Super Soldiers gained superhuman strength and speed, their body mass wasn't changed to the degree Steve's was. Walker didn't look much different after he took the serum.

Steve's serum also pre-dated the serum the others took. I forget the character, maybe Red Skull, tried to develop a serum similar to Captain America, but it killed a lot of people before he got it working enough for Super Soldiers. I'm not very familiar with that part of what happened though. Maybe someone else can give a more detailed explanation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom