Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Trailer (2 Viewers)

Maybe this has been addressed but in Winter Soldier and in the comics Bucky was an enhanced human like Steve Rogers. In the movie he was so bad arse that it took multiple avengers to stop him and even then Cap had to make him remember to stop him, they even built a movie around him. All of a sudden he is this normal guy with a mechanical arm who seems clumsy and not really powerful. Hell black widow was scared of him. Why did they strip him down?

I mean, Bucky jumped out of a plane and hit the ground without dying or breaking anything. I think that counts as enhanced. He also held his own against the other Super Soldiers while the others were getting smashed. I do think they toned him down a bit to keep the fighting interesting, but I think they are still showing him as enhanced.

I mean, Bucky jumped out of a plane and hit the ground without dying or breaking anything. I think that counts as enhanced. He also held his own against the other Super Soldiers while the others were getting smashed. I do think they toned him down a bit to keep the fighting interesting, but I think they are still showing him as enhanced.

For sure. He's clearly not going all-out, but he's also still flashing some of his abilities when necessary.

I watched it last night and you are exactly right. I think it was answered before but also in the episode, rule #2. I think we will eventually see the winter soldier we knew from the Cap movie but it’s all about control now....

I watched it last night and you are exactly right. I think it was answered before but also in the episode, rule #2. I think we will eventually see the winter soldier we knew from the Cap movie but it’s all about control now....

Yeah. I think the folks above who pointed out that he is under psychiatrist orders to reign himself in is part of it. They are afraid that if he lets it go, he could revert to evil Bucky.

Winter Solider Bucky would have metal-arm grabbed one of the trees, uprooted it and speared it 1000 yards through 3 of the flag smashers, while nailing the superhero landing

Winter Solider Bucky would have metal-arm grabbed one of the trees, uprooted it and speared it 1000 yards through 3 of the flag smashers, while nailing the superhero landing

Sure, but then we would have missed the comedic moment of Sam making fun him in order to bond like dudes do.

Bucky has been toned down since they held him in Wakanda after being released from Hydra’s brainwashing. Additionally, his friendship with the man whose son he killed when he was under Hydra’s control and all of the memories of his victims has him holding back like crazy.

Sam rejecting the shield and Bucky rejecting his abilities... I have to believe at some point, this will come to a head.

No, he would have popped up out of nowhere like Candyman and shot them all in the back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom