Falcon fans don't like what we have to say about their team (1 Viewer)

1st post]

I doubt very seriously you came here with intentions of saying anything impressive about Brees. After 3 pages, you would have already posted something on that subject. You just don't want to accept the fact that the Saints beat a #1 defense. Let's say McNabb is unable to get the start in the game against Atlanta, what will your excuse be if the falcons come out on the losing end of it? IF Atlanta were to win with a Mcnabb-less Eagles team, would your logic of our win against them remain the same if the falcons won???? If not, it would be very hypocritical philosophy on your part.

Btw, No one can drag you into anything. That's the beauty of free choice. You could have chosen to skip this thread.
Well buddy you really don't know me so unless you've been following try not to make assumptions of my intentions because you have no idea.

I won't accept the fact? I've said several times that yes you beat an impressive defense but I only ask that you not completly ignore what McNabb absence means to the team as a whole.(don't take that as I think you would have lost if McNabb had played, thats not necessarily true) A few Saints seem to think the game goes down exactly the same if McBisquit takes the snaps.

Now maybe I'm not seeing cause I'm a Falcons fan. Maybe dude. But I could counter your putting them(Eagles) on a pedastal because you beat them. Had Miami beat the Colts last night I can assure we'd do the same.

My Disclaimer: Football is Football and injuries are part of the game. Therefore the Saints absolutely derserved that win. (no ones arguing that, or at least I'm not trying to)

Last edited:
man its getting hard hearing all the STUPID things other teams fans are saying.

All last week Eagle dopes flexing about their D and yet... But they are quick with excuses, no accountability that the better team won.

QUOTE]
Honestly If I HAD to make a bet i'd say you guys still win if McNabb plays. Not by as much as much but still beating the eagles at ALL in the Linc is pretty impressive.

Many have tried to say that becuase you beat the Eagles by 20+ who beat Carolina by like 30, then by process of relation, you are 50 points better. I don't see it as exactly the same Eagle team but thats my opinion. (And never forget that is what these Message Boards are for,Excuses,Predictions, Analysis. If you want praise watch Sports Center)

Last edited:
I don't even know why people are up on Mcnabb anyways, the guy only threw for 79 yards and an INT the game he did play. He did get two td's though but I'd bet ya both of those were on short fields.

Well buddy you really don't no me so unless you've been following try not to make assumptions of my intentions because you have no idea.

I won't accept the fact? I've said several times that yes you beat an impressive defense but I only ask that you not completly ignore what McNabb absence means to the team as a whole.(don't take that as I think you would have lost if McNabb had played, thats not necessarily true) A few Saints seem to think the game goes down exactly the same if McBisquit takes the snaps.

Now maybe I'm not seeing cause I'm a Falcons fan. Maybe dude. But I could counter your putting them on a pedastal because you beat them. Had Miami beat the Colts last night I can assure we'd do the same.

First of all, I'm not a buddy or dude, just one die hard female Saints' fan. I have every right to disagree with one's assumptions or opinions as you can disagree with mine. No big deal. You downplay this victory only because Mcnabb was not playing. Evan when you made props toward their (eagles) secondary you mentioned that without McNabb, it could have effected the defense negatively, but that would be assuming. I'm already expecting what will be said IF we get this next win against the Bills. "They were banged up". Then comes another excuse, and another. It's almost like it pains others to see this victory as it should be seen...a solid win with great plays on all sides of the ball. NO excuses. JMHO.

Back to the question I asked of you previously. Had it been the Falcons that played the Eagles this past Sunday, would your convictions remain the same as they do for the Saints' victory over the Eagles, or would the circumstances have been different?

Honestly If I HAD to make a bet i'd say you guys still win if McNabb plays. Not by as much as much but still beating the eagles at ALL in the Linc is pretty impressive.

Many have tried to say that becuase you beat the Eagles by 20+ who beat Carolina by like 30, then by process of relation, you are 50 points better. I don't see it as exactly the same Eagle team but thats my opinion. (And never forget that is what these Message Boards are for,Excuses,Predictions, Analysis. If you want praise watch Sports Center)

Thank you. That is one thing I do agree with. The score certainly would have been less lobsided if that were the case. Saints winning in the end.

Last edited:
Now maybe I'm not seeing cause I'm a Falcons fan. Maybe dude. But I could counter your putting them(Eagles) on a pedastal because you beat them. Had Miami beat the Colts last night I can assure we'd do the same.

My Disclaimer: Football is Football and injuries are part of the game. Therefore the Saints absolutely derserved that win. (no ones arguing that, or at least I'm not trying to)

I think you just diagnosed yourself pretty well. You and your fellow diehard Peyton are "half-glassin" everything about this Saints team. Its not uncommon when viewing division rivals. He doesn't give us any cred and I'm going to enjoy reading his meltdown should we come out on top of you guys this season.

Here, I don't mind the opposing views of rival fan bases and this board welcomes them as long as it remains civil. That said, I'd prefer you keep the negativity in a few threads and don't become a buzz-kill for me when I come to this forum.

Cheers.

I think you just diagnosed yourself pretty well. You and your fellow diehard Peyton are "half-glassin" everything about this Saints team. Its not uncommon when viewing division rivals. He doesn't give us any cred and I'm going to enjoy reading his meltdown should we come out on top of you guys this season.

Here, I don't mind the opposing views of rival fan bases and this board welcomes them as long as it remains civil. That said, I'd prefer you keep the negativity in a few threads and don't become a buzz-kill for me when I come to this forum.

Cheers.
:beerchug:
I'll try not to be but if the topic involves the Falcons and I disagree I'm calling you out on it. But I won't forget this is a Saints forum and cheifly for that purpose.

First of all, I'm not a buddy or dude, just one die hard female Saints' fan. I have every right to disagree with one's assumptions or opinions as you can disagree with mine. No big deal. You downplay this victory only because Mcnabb was not playing. Evan when you made props toward their (eagles) secondary you mentioned that without McNabb, it could have effected the defense negatively, but that would be assuming. I'm already expecting what will be said IF we get this next win against the Bills. "They were banged up". Then comes another excuse, and another. It's almost like it pains others to see this victory as it should be seen...a solid win with great plays on all sides of the ball. NO excuses. JMHO.

Back to the question I asked of you previously. Had it been the Falcons that played the Eagles this past Sunday, would your convictions remain the same as they do for the Saints' victory over the Eagles, or would the circumstances have been different?

I'd like to think I'd be honest yes, but thats speculation on my part. (I know from your prospective I look like a HUGE Atlanta homer, but I try to be Neutral.)

As for the Bills well, does slaughtering them make you number one in the league? If you think so the yes your gonna get a "well they're the Bills argument" (who are underrated but are still the Bills)

I never said you won BECAUSE McNabb was out. I'm only countering the argument that beating the Eagles by 20+ doesn't make you head and shoulders above everyone else.

I'd like to think I'd be honest yes, but thats speculation on my part. (I know from your prospective I look like a HUGE Atlanta homer, but I try to be Neutral.)

As for the Bills well, does slaughtering them make you number one in the league? If you think so the yes your gonna get a "well they're the Bills argument" (who are underrated but are still the Bills)

I never said you won BECAUSE McNabb was out. I'm only countering the argument that beating the Eagles by 20+ doesn't make you head and shoulders above everyone else.

Not a huge homer, just a rival teams fan. If you look back on my posts, I never insinuated the Saints' were head and shoulders above anyone because of their win against the Eagles. In "general", I'm just saying that it seems like no matter how well they play, it will be overshadowed by one thing or another, hence taking credit away from their performance on the field. All I can say to that is stats do not lie.

Not a huge homer, just a rival teams fan. If you look back on my posts, I never insinuated the Saints' were head and shoulders above anyone because of their win against the Eagles. In "general", I'm just saying that it seems like no matter how well they play, it will be overshadowed by one thing or another, hence taking credit away from their performance on the field. All I can say to that is stats do not lie.

Not at all talking about you. I was refering to the purpose of my posts. Many (not all) saints fans think that because they beat an Eagles team by 20+ who beat a carolina team by 30+ then that must mean that the Falcons are overrated and are not a seroius contender for the division. I disagree

*Stats can be misleading

Not at all talking about you. I was refering to the purpose of my posts. Many (not all) saints fans think that because they beat an Eagles team by 20+ who beat a carolina team by 30+ then that must mean that the Falcons are overrated and are not a seroius contender for the division. I disagree

*Stats can be misleading

To be fair, I can say the same thing about many Falcon fans thinking the Saints are overrated and not a serious contender. To that I would disagree. But hey, we love our teams and want them to succeed. That's the bottom line.

With reference to all the injuries our opponents,past and future, appear to be suffering:

1-Inferior athletes have been known to feign injury prior to important contests, and

2-Don't forget to make this month's payment to Jeff Gillooly.

New Orleans Saints Rankings after 2 weeks

Offense #1
Defense #21

Atlanta Falcons rankings after 2 weeks

Offense #18
Defense #22

Doesnt mean nothing yet, just some food for thought

I couldn't care less if a fan of the team I dislike most in the NFL doesn't like what I have to say about their team. I hope they lose all their remaining games and I hope we beat them by 100 every time we play them.

:plus-un2: The pigeon fans are steadily trying to convince themselves that the Saints are not good, or, even worse, better than their team, and that they will be able to run away with the division. The truth is, the Saints are superior, and far capable of scoring 40 or even 50 points on anyone. Like you, I could give a rats you know what if they dislike what we say about them. Last time I check, they were rivals, not ringers. They are pigeons, and should be treated as such. It's okay to toss a little bread at them every now and then, but you certainly don't want them on your back porch. They are not to be treated as allies, and should always know their position in life.

I hope that we humiliate the Falcons. I want us to beat the Falcons so bad that PETA will have to step in and call on the league to ban us for such wicked abuse of those pathetic pigeons!

Okay, now back to intelligent posting.

This thread has some gems... SFLA you're my new hero bro LOL! Good stuff.

60minutes you're killin me with the white pants av... should be be illegal to be THAT fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom