Falcon fans don't like what we have to say about their team (1 Viewer)

We need to RIP through this division to win it. Too many tough non-division games for it not to be important.

Wow. Their D is horrid and we just lit up the Eagles, who have a top 5 D, and they think we won't score at will? Some of these people are just...tarc. It's all nervous talk, knowing the high flying Saints are coming into town and Brees will light up the score board when we play them. For now, let's just whip up on the Bills.

The Falcons are going to bring on their "A" game, so we shouldn't expect a pushover. if anything, I think the whole game will be like the first half of the Eagles game, with both sides jockeying for position and scores. I went to school in Atlanta and hate the city/fairweather Falcons fans with a passion, but I'm not discounting the toughness of their team for a second.

and comparing the Falcons success last year with a first time head coach to that of the saints success of 2006 with the same is silly at best.

The saints did not have a rookie head coach and a rookie starting qb as well as a first time "starting" RB and countless other rookie starters.
What the?! Sean was a ROOKIE head coach, we had a QB coming off of surgery in which his doctor said was the worse tear Drew could have sustained, and we came off a 3-13 (all of our games played away) season in which half our entire state was destroyed by a hurricane.

Man some people these days....:idunno:

In regards to '06, I hope Saints fans realize that the only reason they got anywhere is because everyone felt sorry for them about Katrina.

Glad you enjoyed your gift season, now you have to fight for it like everyone else. What's that? You keep failing? Hmmm, go figure.

WELL if thats the case then last season was a gimme for yall to, mainly because the entire league was sick and tired of seeing yall losing.
<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_5074118-->

Last edited:
Th big question I have is where did the FALCONS find all these fans? They certainly didn't have them in 2007. I guess that's the reason their memories are so bad...they haven't been fans that long.

BANDWAGONNERS...
(oh and I know we'll have our share now as well....but we have more core die hards every season, good or bad)

Saints and Falcons comparison

Total Offense
Saints #1
Falcons #17

Rushing Offense (both teams with 64 carries)
Saints #7
Falcons #15

Passing Offense
Saints #2 (68 attempts)
Falcons #17 (63 attempts)

Total Defense
Saints #21
Falcons #22

Opponents rank in total O and D (avg both after playing the respective teams )
Saints (20, 28)
*Falcons (25, 11)
(Stats may not be 100% correct because the Dolphins play tonight and their rank may rise or fall)

So all in all we have a better passing, running, and total offense 2 games into the season. We have a better passing, running, and total defense 2 games into the season. (Both of our Opponents had 1,000 yards rushers last season as did the Falcons opponent I believe)

So
Our O > Their O
Our D > Their D
Our Opponents O > Their Opponents O
Our Opponents D < Their Opponents D
Our Net points > Their Net points

We are simply the better team so far. Why argue it when the stats don't lie.

**** the falcons & the fans they rode in on.

I'm sure we'll find out when we play them twice this year.

All trash talking aside, the Falcons have a very solid team, as do we. I would expect both teams to make the playoffs (hopefully Atl as a wild card).

The Falcons have a lot of options on offense, and while they are definitely less explosive, they might be more balanced. Our defenses are performing at a similar level right now.

The one main thing that seperates our teams (other than having a classy fanbase) is the simple fact that Drew Brees > Matt Ryan. I could see us winning some 38-31 or 35-28 matchups against the Birds. They're not going away any time soon.

I hope all the light bulbs work on their scoreboard...

Wow. Their D is horrid and we just lit up the Eagles, who have a top 5 D, and they think we won't score at will? Some of these people are just...tarc. It's all nervous talk, knowing the high flying Saints are coming into town and Brees will light up the score board when we play them. For now, let's just whip up on the Bills.

we're going to need as many as they can put in.... with their 10 pixel scoreboard...lol

We will eat the clock and keep brees out of sync
Everybody knows WHAT to do. They're all pretty solid on that. No one says HOW they're going to do it. Doesn't mean it can't be done, but you can't just say it.

Saints and Falcons comparison

Total Offense
Saints #1
Falcons #17

Rushing Offense (both teams with 64 carries)
Saints #7
Falcons #15

Passing Offense
Saints #2 (68 attempts)
Falcons #17 (63 attempts)

Total Defense
Saints #21
Falcons #22

Opponents rank in total O and D (avg both after playing the respective teams )
Saints (20, 28)
*Falcons (25, 11)
(Stats may not be 100% correct because the Dolphins play tonight and their rank may rise or fall)

So all in all we have a better passing, running, and total offense 2 games into the season. We have a better passing, running, and total defense 2 games into the season. (Both of our Opponents had 1,000 yards rushers last season as did the Falcons opponent I believe)

So
Our O > Their O
Our D > Their D
Our Opponents O > Their Opponents O
Our Opponents D < Their Opponents D
Our Net points > Their Net points

We are simply the better team so far. Why argue it when the stats don't lie.

Actually the stats are slanted against our defense, because the sheer numbers don't account for situation.

Their Defensive stats are for an entire game, with the game on the line. Our defensive stats are slanted as we started playing prevent in the entire 4th quarter of the Detroit game and the 3rd quarter of the Philly game. If our defense were in a tighter situation the defensive playcalling would have been different as would the outcome. Situationally our Defense knew they could give up first downs and Time of possession as long as they didn't score.

Their defense had the statistical advantage of not playing with an incredible lead. The mentality is just different.

I believe people who doubt this Saints team are in for a rude awakening. This team is on a mission, and you can see it when they practice and when they take the field. Even in the Sunday morning interviews...they're just different.

Its gonna be fun controlling the clock with that joke of a defense

Joke of a defense? I don't know about you guys but the Falcons defense is worse than ours. The Falcons are VERY lucky they played some pedestrian offenses, too bad New England is coming up after a embarrassing loss to the Jets. By mid-season the Falcons will be out of the running.

quote:
Brees is just like any other QB (except that mole thing he got going on, reminds me of number 3 from Austin Powers...), you throw pressure in his face and he will fold...its nothing new posted by DirtyBird2
hahahaha

Actually, Drew has shown he is NOT just like any other QB in this respect. Blitz him and he doesnt fold- HE GETS BETTER. He was something ridiculous like 7/7 170yds 1TD when the Eagles blitzed 2 extra people...

So by all means DirtyBird2, blitz Drew. Let's see who folds.

LMAO!!

The Falcons beating 2 teams with terrible offenses... at home... shouldn't sit well with them.

They beat both teams by 8 points... one friggin possession. Cmon man.
C'mon now you very well know that the Final Score isn't necessarily an indication of how the game went. We absoulutly dominated the Phins (by a bit more than 8 points by the way). Carolina was pretty one sided as well but we kept them in it with stupid penalties in the first half and by sitting back in the 2nd.

We've played two tough defenses and we come on top of both. You guys beat the worst team this generation and took a McNabb less eagles which was pretty impressive cause you know that secondary has talent but not having your starting QB can have negative effects on the defense as well. The next two weeks could tell us where the Saints defense is really at. That Bills offense might be the most underrated in the league, And Sanchez is showing flashes of maybe even having a better rookie season than Ryan.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom