Falcons 15.5 point favorite. Which means Vegas believes Panthers have a 14% chance of winning (1 Viewer)

ChopperSaint

Official gum of champions
Reaction score
So the Panthers have a 14% chance of winning on Sunday.
The Saints have a 72% chance of winning on sunday.

For both to happen it would be 11%

So the Saints have an 11% chance of winning the 1 seed.

This is football you play to win the game the panthers wants to give John Fox one last victory before he leaves Carolina.

Mandatory "So you're telling me there's a chance?" image from D&D

a_chance.jpeg

Im thinking a 11% is not bad.

Would you turn on a light switch if there was an 11% chance of getting shocked to death?

Would you play Russian Roulette with an 11 chamber gun?

Lets not forget the Panthers have 11 days rest, the Falcons only 6 days rest.

This is pretty huge

I don't see Atlanta that high.

They opened this morning at 10 1/2

By noon went to 14 1/2, where it still is.

Still, a 4 point change in one day means some serious Vegas bucks are landing on Atlanta.

ddd

Fox is a very well liked coach apart from this season, and the players will know this is likely his last game. They will want to go out with a bang.

Plus, sometimes it's those teams who have seemingly nothing to play for that end up turning it on because there are guys lining up for the Panthers on Sunday for whom making a few plays will be the difference between losing and keeping their spot next year. Clausen for example. He knows that if he can put up a W and some nice numbers, that might swing the Panthers away from using that #1 pick on Andrew Luck. If he has a shot late in the game, he knows he has no choice but to take it.

The Falcons, meanwhile, have a lot of reason to be lackadaisical playing such a weak team in a game that the vast majority see as a foregone conclusion, and if they carry even half the attitude their fans do into it, they are in for a shock.

Based on the 4 games that Saints have played with these two teams, do you really think the Panthers have an 11% chance of winning? Really?

Short week coming of an emotional game for ATL, long week for CAR. If Stewart gets rolling and Steve Smith shows signs of his former self for a play or two, watch out.

Also, it would be great if Carolina could steal a possession or two with an onsides kick and/or fake punt a la Cleveland against us.

Hey guys...Let's remember last year. How many people had the 2-12 Bucs coming into the Dome and beating the 13-1 Saints who at the time had still not clinched HFA?

People forget awful fast that the Panthers put quite a scare into the Saints a few months ago.

At home.

Short week coming of an emotional game for ATL, long week for CAR. If Stewart gets rolling and Steve Smith shows signs of his former self for a play or two, watch out.

Also, it would be great if Carolina could steal a possession or two with an onsides kick and/or fake punt a la Cleveland against us.

Hey guys...Let's remember last year. How many people had the 2-12 Bucs coming into the Dome and beating the 13-1 Saints who at the time had still not clinched HFA?

People forget awful fast that the Panthers put quite a scare into the Saints a few months ago.

At home.

I don't think too many of us forgot that.

Still, I just don't see CAR getting it done event though it would be the most awsomest belated Christmas gift.

I'd even forgive Carolina for beating us in the Dome in Week 17 of the 2002 season, which eliminated us from playoff contention.

There really isn't much talent on that team though. I don't see a way they win the game unless Atlanta has a complete meltdown.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom