Falcons Analysis By Former Former Atlanta Coach (1 Viewer)

Your incidental conversations are always scrupulously noted. Did you work as a stenographer in a former life?
On vacation and met a good guy in the airport who was born and lived in Atlanta. Only problem is he's a Falcon fan. The guy was former College OC. I thought his take on the Falcons this year was really interesting...

The most disappointing team this season. They need to clean house, starting with the GM Dimitroff.

I thinks the Falcons have never overcome their Super Bowl debacle. And yes, I agree that Matt Ryan with Sean Payton would have been something special.
So you're saying that Ryan would have had his own "short bus", if he played for Payton?lol

Swimmer, I know you will appreciate this. When I got home from Slidell today after a weekend with Ziggy and family, I checked an email I had received from LifeLock. I checked my account and decided to call the help desk as I had several things to resolve.

The representative from LifeLock was quite cordial, but I kind of froze when he asked for my verbal password which was to be used when calling in for help. He heard me say, "oh crap" as I struggled to remember it. When I finally took my best shot at what it was I said "is it **********?", he laughed and said, "that's right". He asked a few more questions to confirm my identity. I cleared up my business with him and he said, "So you're a Saints fan?". "How did you know that?", I asked. "Your password kind of gave that away", he replied. I laughed and asked if he was located down south. He told me he was working in Atlanta. He was still high on the Georgia Bulldogs but very disappointed in the Falcons. I told him I was surprised at how poorly they have played this year as well and that it looks like Quin has finally lost the team for good. He agreed.

We then had a several-minute conversation. I told him I was a fan since the Saints came into the league in 1967 a year after the Falcons came in 1966 and that was when the present intense rivalry really started. Both teams were at the bottom of the NFL barrel and looked forward to playing each other as there was a good chance for a win. I also told him not to give up on this weekend's game as you can throw out the records when we play each other. I went on a bit more with him explaining some of the history between our two teams. As he was much younger than me, he appreciated the historical perspective.

I noticed it was coming up on 4 PM CST. I asked if he was about to get off and he said he was. I told him to be safe while playing in traffic and he thanked me for making his last call of the day a pleasant one. We then said our goodbyes.

Not all Falcons fans are so bad. Dale was quite likable.

Dale really gets off at 5pm and told you 4pm so he could get you off the phone and spend the next hour Unlocking all your dirty saints loving details to all of his dirtbird friends.. look out Dan!??

In all seriousness though, thats a pretty cool story. I find myself doing the same thing when on the phone with reps in different states. I always ask about the local team and usually get some fun banter out of it. Its obviously alot more fun when my team is 7-1!

The Buffalo Bills made four (4) straight appearances to the Super Bowl... a feat that has not been matched by any other team.

After each SB loss, the team regrouped and purposed to get back to the Big Dance the following season.

Atlanta didn't do that. Instead, they adopted the asinine motto of: "Embrace the Suck," and it snowballed negatively each year since.

...think about that.

:gosaints:

Also, you change the OC, DC and STC in one fell swoop in one offseason, the message was, "Hey, you players were all fine, we'll just swap out these bad coaches and go right back to the Super Bowl.

So no one took on any accountability, since the problem had been solved. And then Jones, who puts up the emptiest WR numbers in the league, gets this monstrous raise/extension.

Recipe for a lotta quit.

Swimmer, I know you will appreciate this. When I got home from Slidell today after a weekend with Ziggy and family, I checked an email I had received from LifeLock. I checked my account and decided to call the help desk as I had several things to resolve.

The representative from LifeLock was quite cordial, but I kind of froze when he asked for my verbal password which was to be used when calling in for help. He heard me say, "oh crap" as I struggled to remember it. When I finally took my best shot at what it was I said "is it **********?", he laughed and said, "that's right". He asked a few more questions to confirm my identity. I cleared up my business with him and he said, "So you're a Saints fan?". "How did you know that?", I asked. "Your password kind of gave that away", he replied. I laughed and asked if he was located down south. He told me he was working in Atlanta. He was still high on the Georgia Bulldogs but very disappointed in the Falcons. I told him I was surprised at how poorly they have played this year as well and that it looks like Quin has finally lost the team for good. He agreed.

We then had a several-minute conversation. I told him I was a fan since the Saints came into the league in 1967 a year after the Falcons came in 1966 and that was when the present intense rivalry really started. Both teams were at the bottom of the NFL barrel and looked forward to playing each other as there was a good chance for a win. I also told him not to give up on this weekend's game as you can throw out the records when we play each other. I went on a bit more with him explaining some of the history between our two teams. As he was much younger than me, he appreciated the historical perspective.

I noticed it was coming up on 4 PM CST. I asked if he was about to get off and he said he was. I told him to be safe while playing in traffic and he thanked me for making his last call of the day a pleasant one. We then said our goodbyes.

Not all Falcons fans are so bad. Dale was quite likable.

So what was the password?

Trying my best, Swimmer. I just thought that it was funny that you and I had a random encounter with a Falcon fan on the same day. Not sure about my sense of humor. It is definitely smart-arsed and sarcastic. I have to do a bit of work on the brilliant part. :h10:

LMAO Dan! And after a couple of bloody mary's in the morning, you had me laughing so hard I thought I wet my pants. Ziggy was peeing on himself also and he's known you for many years!

Also, you change the OC, DC and STC in one fell swoop in one offseason, the message was, "Hey, you players were all fine, we'll just swap out these bad coaches and go right back to the Super Bowl.

So no one took on any accountability, since the problem had been solved. And then Jones, who puts up the emptiest WR numbers in the league, gets this monstrous raise/extension.

Recipe for a lotta quit.

I had no idea that happened. Those coaches were good enough to be a few yards from a SB and a magic season and they riffed the head team coaches. How stupid is that. You are 100% spot-on for their downfall. Thx so much for the interesting info

On vacation and met a good guy in the airport who was born and lived in Atlanta. Only problem is he's a Falcon fan. The guy was former College OC. I thought his take on the Falcons this year was really interesting:

I hope the Falcons extend Quinn for 3 years
No. 10 years. lol

I should've mentioned in my earlier post a funny story of that night. I went home from the bar once it became 28-3 because I refused to watch ATL celebrate a Super Bowl. I went home, didnt turn on the TV, and went to bed. I was awakened from my sleep by a flurry of texts from my brother along the lines "Oh my God!!!" "Biggest choke ever!!!" I actually blinked several times, paused for 30 seconds, then looked at my phone again because I thought I might have been dreaming.

There was certainly a mighty crash that came with the fall of Mike Smith. None of that former talent seemed to matter anymore even though Quinn did seem to have resurrected the Failyuns all the way up until the 4th quarter of Superbowl 51.

And aren't we glad for that miraculous 15 minutes in Houston!?!?! :9:

I should've mentioned in my earlier post a funny story of that night. I went home from the bar once it became 28-3 because I refused to watch ATL celebrate a Super Bowl. I went home, didnt turn on the TV, and went to bed. I was awakened from my sleep by a flurry of texts from my brother along the lines "Oh my God!!!" "Biggest choke ever!!!" I actually blinked several times, paused for 30 seconds, then looked at my phone again because I thought I might have been dreaming.
I have to admit that some mild-to-moderate depression was setting in as those last few minutes of the 3rd quarter was ticking down in SuperBowl 51. I was already worried about how the SR mods were ever going to keep Falcons trolls from taking over to 'rub the salt' about them being the new division kings. I had decided that I would wait a few days until I'd venture back to the SSF.

But as the game turned in the 4th quarter, so did the mood at the 'SuperBowl watching party' I was attending. With each new FAIL by the Atlosers, the livelier the party got!
When the unthinkable finally happened and the Patriots had completed the comeback, I just couldn't wait to get back on the SSF and see how jovial everyone else here was going to be!

And NOTHING topped reading those SuperBowl threads on the FalconsLife forum! The meltdown there was the stuff of legends!!! :very-happy:

Not that Madden means anything but I decided to be HC/GM and they don’t have the capital or funds to start from scratch. They’ve got the 8 draft picks but have soooo much money tied up in like 4 players it would be a hell hole for a new GM/HC to turn around because they wouldn’t be able to reshape the team completely.

It makes more sense for them to keep Quinn/Demitroff for 1 more year to salvage. Heck they could have gotten a head start by moving more players but the Sanu move was more or less about getting the Alabama kid more snaps.

Hopefully I’m right

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom