N/S Falcons and Julio closing in on new deal (1 Viewer)

Their defense brings back a healthy Ricardo Allen and Keanu Neal and allows Kazee to
shift over to NB (he played their in college) where’s he a big upgrade over Brian Poole. Plus 9 picks in a loaded Dline draft and I think the Falcons still add a couple via FA. Too early to tell.

Don’t mind the OL pick ups. Two 320+ G’s is nice a chance from the 295-300 G’s the Falcons usually have. Both can be cut after two years worst case scenario.

Remember that conversation we had last off-season when I said your team had no depth and it would hold you back?
Well the same players that were forced to start due to injury are now your starters in a lot of positions due to cap.
Freeman isn't going to hold up for a full year and behind him you have?

Aside from Mack your o-line needs a ton of work.
Your d-line is the same minus depth.

You got rid of more of your depth during this off-season and paying your big name guys. This is what happens after you go to a super bowl.
You have nine picks which is good ammunition, but you need to draft o-line, which is something your GM hasn't shown he can do correctly.

Their defense brings back a healthy Ricardo Allen and Keanu Neal and allows Kazee to
shift over to NB (he played their in college) where’s he a big upgrade over Brian Poole. Plus 9 picks in a loaded Dline draft and I think the Falcons still add a couple via FA. Too early to tell.

Don’t mind the OL pick ups. Two 320+ G’s is nice a chance from the 295-300 G’s the Falcons usually have. Both can be cut after two years worst case scenario.

I believe the Packers have improved as well. Losing a declining Clay Matthews isn't a big deal imo. They signed
Preston Smith and ZaDarius Smith to improve their pass rush. Adrian Amos is an upgrade at safety and Billy
Turner is a very good Guard. If their O-line stays healthy, I believe they will be serious contenders for the NFCN title

Secondary is still trash. Falcon drafting has been super unimpressive.
With Allen / Neal healthy the secondary is very good. Drafting is unimpressive based on what? Falcons have done well drafting since Quinn came in 2015.

I think the falcons will be better. Probably much better. With all the players they'll have coming back from injury I think they'll be back to around 10 wins. I just don't see them ever going back to the Super Bowl with Matty Ice.

I believe the Packers have improved as well. Losing a declining Clay Matthews isn't a big deal imo. They signed
Preston Smith and ZaDarius Smith to improve their pass rush. Adrian Amos is an upgrade at safety and Billy
Turner is a very good Guard. If their O-line stays healthy, I believe they will be serious contenders for the NFCN title

They created an amazing team by not making big splash free agency moves, then got rid of their GM and started making huge free agency moves then proceeded to go 6-9-1 and then fired their head coach and hired a guy who's greatest achievement was coaching a 25th ranked offense.

They have a TON to improve on to make it to the NFC title game. Not saying it can't be done, but I see a huge leadership problem with that team.

MT is going to get what he gets whether the Falcons overpay Julio or not. I just want them to have close to $50 million per year going to Ryan and Jones.

Thomas knows with each reciever that gets paid as the highest, his deal will break it by 2+million per year...

Julio signs for 18 per, we could probably get MT at 20, Julio signs for 20 we will have to pay 22.. You can tell hes already thinking about it

Remember that conversation we had last off-season when I said your team had no depth and it would hold you back?
Well the same players that were forced to start due to injury are now your starters in a lot of positions due to cap.

You got rid of more of your depth during this off-season and paying your big name guys. This is what happens after you go to a super bowl.
You have nine picks which is good ammunition, but you need to draft o-line, which is something your GM hasn't shown he can do correctly.

The only guy forced to start last year due to injury that will start this year is LB Foye Oluokun. But Foye is a stud and he was a huge steal in the 6th and I’m excited to see he does this year. Kazee will start at Nb but he did lead the league in interceptions and he’s an upgrade over Poole.

We got rid of some depth guys but none are big losses. None of them the Falcons tried to retain.

Jake Matthews is a very good LT and he made the pro bowl this year. Falcons have 4 guys with starting experience at Guard and I think they go RT early in the draft.

DLine depth definitely worries me but expect the Falcons to go heavy there in the draft. We’ll see how they look after the draft.

Great use of monster guaranteed cash for an empty-numbers guy who is apparently allergic to paint.

Career TD's:

1Larry Fitzgerald1162004-2018crd
Antonio Gates1162003-2018sdg
3Brandon Marshall832006-20186TM
4Rob Gronkowski792010-2018nwe
5Antonio Brown742010-2018pit
6Jordy Nelson722008-20182TM
7Jimmy Graham712010-20183TM
8A.J. Green632011-2018cin
9Vernon Davis622006-20183TM
Demaryius Thomas622010-20182TM
11Greg Olsen572007-20182TM
Mike Wallace572009-20185TM
13Michael Crabtree542009-20183TM
14Eric Decker532010-20173TM
DeSean Jackson532008-20183TM
16Julio Jones512011-2018atl
17Doug Baldwin492011-2018sea
18DeAndre Hopkins472013-2018htx
19Ben Watson442004-20184TM
Odell Beckham442014-2018nyg
21Randall Cobb412011-2018gnb
Alshon Jeffery412012-20182TM
Kyle Rudolph412011-2018min
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rec_td_active.htm

For frame of reference, Jimmy Graham has 20 more TDs, and Dez Bryant 20. Lance Moore is only seven behind at 44 career TDs. I'm not paying that kind of money for a guy who's the king of the field between the 20s.

Meanwhile, Quinn will have a new OC, DC and ST coach this year, while Dimitroff turns over the roster yet again. Good luck with that.

I think the falcons will be better. Probably much better. With all the players they'll have coming back from injury I think they'll be back to around 10 wins. I just don't see them ever going back to the Super Bowl with Matty Ice.
Matty Ice’s numbers this year

4924 passing yards, 35 TD’s, 7 Int’s, 108.1 QB rating, 69.4 compeletion %

All while being one of the most hit QB’s in the league. He’s the biggest reason they have a shot to get back imo

LMAO at the reasoning. If you're cutting those guys in two years, it means the OL continued to underperform, Quinn's gone and Dimitroff, if he's still there, is churning the roster again. If these guys don't perform, and Alex Mack doesn't discover the fountain of youth (he'll be 34 this summer and was wearing down last year), there won't be a whole lot of time to throw to Jones, or anyone else.

We watched Payton sometimes overspend on toys -- he's learned his lesson. The best thing Atlanta could have done was to trade Jones for picks, and try to instill some strength and toughness into the OL and DL, but Falcons gonna Falcon.

Matty Ice’s numbers this year

4924 passing yards, 35 TD’s, 7 Int’s, 108.1 QB rating, 69.4 compeletion %

All while being one of the most hit QB’s in the league. He’s the biggest reason they have a shot to get back imo

Great guy IRL. Love him as a person. Lotta on-field talent, too, and a tough kid but....it's just never going to happen.

LMAO at the reasoning. If you're cutting those guys in two years, it means the OL continued to underperform, Quinn's gone and Dimitroff, if he's still there, is churning the roster again. If these guys don't perform, and Alex Mack doesn't discover the fountain of youth (he'll be 34 this summer and was wearing down last year), there won't be a whole lot of time to throw to Jones, or anyone else.

We watched Payton sometimes overspend on toys -- he's learned his lesson. The best thing Atlanta could have done was to trade Jones for picks, and try to instill some strength and toughness into the OL and DL, but Falcons gonna Falcon.
My reasoning for liking them has to do with the film I watched. There will be no dead money after cutting them after 2 years was my point there.

Falcons have 9 picks in the draft...they can address OL and DL and still keep their all pro WR.

The only guy forced to start last year due to injury that will start this year is LB Foye Oluokun. But Foye is a stud and he was a huge steal in the 6th and I’m excited to see he does this year. Kazee will start at Nb but he did lead the league in interceptions and he’s an upgrade over Poole.

We got rid of some depth guys but none are big losses. None of them the Falcons tried to retain.

Jake Matthews is a very good LT and he made the pro bowl this year. Falcons have 4 guys with starting experience at Guard and I think they go RT early in the draft.

DLine depth definitely worries me but expect the Falcons to go heavy there in the draft. We’ll see how they look after the draft.

so you are saying that the injuries didn't cause a decline in defensive performance and we can expect the same defense that was one of the worst in the NFL last year?

I can live with that

so you are saying that the injuries didn't cause a decline in defensive performance and we can expect the same defense that was one of the worst in the NFL last year?

I can live with that
Huh? That’s not at all what I said.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom