Falcons and Texans: Two teams with the biggest collection of talent and not win anything (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Both teams have players that are some of the best at their position in league history such as Julio Jones and J.J. Watt. Teams have solid quarterback play and great wide receivers, play makers on defense and nothing to show for it. I don't see how Bill O'Brien is still employed after the stunt he pull yesterday in K.C.

I could only imagine if we had a J.J. Watt type player on our roster.

THANK GOD we finally won one while myself and most of my family since I was born were still alive to see it. I fear it will never happen again. I can't fathom the pain that the Bills fans are going through. Four STRAIGTH Super Bowls and no Chips. Yikes.

The Falcons and Texans.... so talented and still nothing. That's definitely painful.

Other than Watson, Hopkins and Watt, that team is a just a collection of guys. I call it that because since they got rid of their last stable GM who drafted Watason, they have not hit on draft picks. Instead they traded all of their draft capital for the next 2 years on Tunsil and a couple of LBs. They had to trade for Stills, Clowney traded away, Watt on the decline. O'Brien is the walking dead.

Buffalo was maybe the best team in a time when the AFC wasn't very good, competitive, and weak compared to the powerhouses the NFC had from 1984-1996. If you look at who actually won and represented the AFC in most of those SB's during those years, it was mainly Buffalo and Elway's Broncos. It's also been suggested that if Bills had been an NFC team during the early 90s, they'd probably be compared to Buddy Ryan's Eagles of 1988-1992, who had a nearly-unstoppable QB in Randall Cunningham and a frightening, dominant defense in "Gang Green" defense. I do believe in the first two of Buffalo's 4 consecutive SB's, they were the better team from a overall talent perspective or had better All-Pro talent at certain positions, they just got out-coached and outplayed, Joe Gibbs probably did a better job of game-planning then Parcells Giants had done the year before, plus Buffalo's D-line coach made some stupid, idiotic comments insulting the Redskins O-linemen, "Hogs", by snorting and grunting like a pig during Super Bowl week in Minnesota the week leading up to the game which gave Skin's extra momentum to play harder. Bills Dline coach got his arse immediately fired by Marv Levy after the game.

Ironically, even though I hate the Falcons, if you examine their franchise's history analytically, neither 2016 nor 1998 was their best years, it was 1980. The 1980 Falcons truly were a dogged, tough, terrifying team to play, a mini-microcosm or prototype of 1985 Chicago Bears. Good QB, All-Pro RB, Pro Bowl FB, Pro-Bowl WRs, had a dominant defense, the Gritz Blitz, had a very similar, aggressive attack mindset like again Buddy Ryan's 85 Bears would show several years later. They literally were a team without flaws, except they got a bit over-confident and had to go up against maybe the one team whose offensive schemes could best them and that was Landry's Cowboys. They didn't have Staubach anymore but Danny White was capable of running Landry's offense effectively at the right times mostly.

I’m sorry, but I don’t see this array of talent on the Texans. I’m honestly sick of seeing them in the post season and they have to be the most bland roster to make the playoffs.

Falcons are super talented and definitely underachieved.

Vikings have almost early 1990s type Dallas talent minus the QB and it’s translated to nothing. Unfortunate that talent only ever showed up against the Saints.

I sure as hell didn't see much "talent" from the Texans defense last week.

That performance was embarrassing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom