NFL Draft Falcons are willing to trade 4th overall draft pick (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I don’t know if there is any truth to this or smokescreens but I found an article on a NFL fan site that says the Falcons are willing to go down in the draft. Surely the Falcons could not screw this up? Unless they get a king’s ransom?

I don’t know if there is any truth to this or smokescreens but I found an article on a NFL fan site that says the Falcons are willing to go down in the draft. Surely the Falcons could not screw this up? Unless they get a king’s ransom?

Its true. Heard bout that also. Yeah they would be fools to not try to pick up a QB. Matt Ryan has bout two seasons left, he plays really old for his age.

Its true. Heard bout that also. Yeah they would be fools to not try to pick up a QB. Matt Ryan has bout two seasons left, he plays really old for his age.

He just needs to get on TB12. It wasn't that long ago when everyone thought Brady was washed up/old, then TB12. It reminds me of Barry Bonds with The Clear and The Cream.

Last edited:
Maybe it’s just me, but I think trading down would be the best option. I don’t like the QB options that will be there at #4.

The Falcons are most desperate for impact players on the D-Line, but there’s no one you’d feel good about picking that early.

Pitts would be a luxury pick they simply cannot afford to make.

I suppose if they get stuck at #4 they should take Sewell, but even then, they’ve invested so many high picks in their O-Line in recent years (which is still below average). If they can’t trade down, I think they have to go Sewell because they could really use him, and then shuffle the deck a little bit, sliding Matthews to another spot.

I hope they use the pick. They could get a huge haul for a team moving up to grab a QB. I also think, if they believe Lance is a future stud, that’s a pretty good place for him. Matt Ryan is still playing at a high enough level that there would be no expectations for him to play this season, possibly even next. He can just sit and learn.
I’m not sure what the best scenario is for us, but I am a little jealous of the possibilities they have right now.

Nah it's legit

If I was ATL, I would draft the best player on defense available. For some reason there fanbase is fascinated with skill players on offense.

Savvy move by Fontenot if he trades back. He inherited a team that is in cap hell but has half the talent the Saints do. They are tied down to Matt Ryan until 2023 so any QB they draft is on the bench for 2 years. While that isn't entirely a bad thing, spending the #4 overall pick on a player who won't see the field for two years is a huge yikes. I did think they would stay put and draft Chase or Sewell. Chase would address the ailing and aging Julio Jones, and Sewell would be a huge improvement on their revolving door of an o-line.

However if they trade back and get some more picks to rebuild with, it will be good for them which I don't like at all.

I don't think it will be a problem for them to trade with Denver, get some picks and still be able to pick a top defensive player, or an offensive lineman.

If I was Fontenot, I would love to trade with them and get as most as I can for that pick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom