Falcons at Pats 2017 season opener? (1 Viewer)

St. Geezy

⚜️
Reaction score
The Super Bowl hangover starts early next season for the Birds, 0-1 before the season even starts.

I was just about to create this exact thread.

I think after this epic SB, it pretty much has to be.

We might have to play the Falcons at their new stadium for Week 2 either a Sunday or Monday Night game oh how awesome it would be if we could hand them their first loss in that stadium

I wish they stop doing Superbowl Rematches for season openers...

We might have to play the Falcons at their new stadium for Week 2 either a Sunday or Monday Night game oh how awesome it would be if we could hand them their first loss in that stadium

This is what I think us most likely. The Saints open in week 1 at Atlanta on SNF.

NFL.com agrees:

Patriots-Falcons rematch should open 2017 season - NFL.com

The Pats have kicked off an NFL season before, and they've done it big. Expect more jubilation at Gillette Stadium after a ridiculous Super Bowl win came on the heels of the Deflategate scandal. (The prospect of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell returning to Foxborough will no doubt be a summer-long storyline.)

What team might the dynastic Patriots open against after their latest Super Bowl victory?

New England's home opponents in 2017 are the Atlanta Falcons, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Houston Texans, Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets and San Diego Chargers.

After one of the most thrilling Super Bowl games in NFL history, we should get back-to-back NFL Kickoff rematch games. . . . The #Revenge factor for Atlanta will provide offseason narratives to fill the hours and hours of programming. . . . Opening the season with a rematch allows TV networks to put the Super Bowl LI highlights on loop all summer. The NFL loves marketing its biggest event during the down months.

This is the only realistic option for NFL Kickoff. Book your hotels now.

judging by the list of their home opponents. i'd say falcons for sure with the chiefs a long second.

Texans yawn
Panthers yawn
Falcons
Chargers yawn
Chiefs
Bills yawn
Dolphins yawn
Jets yawn

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom