Falcons' DE Kerney out for the season (MERGED 3X) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Pectoral injury ends season for Falcons' KerneyESPN.com news services

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Patrick Kerney has been the ironman of the Atlanta Falcons defense, starting 105 games in a row.

Team sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that Kerney will undergo season-ending surgery for a torn right pectoral muscle on Tuesday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2660389

Last edited:
ouch...not looking good for that team each week...i dont feel bad for them though.

i think the ravens are going to destroy the 'dirty turds' this week coming up.

I hope he heals up and can come back next year. BUT, if it was going to happen its better that it happened before we played them, as he is usually a madman against the Saints. If he and Abraham are both out, it will make the day much easier on Drew Brees and the O-line.

Already posted, but thanks.

Rule of thumb, even if something seems like breaking news, if it has anything to do with the Saints or NFC South, it was probably posted here the previous day.

Well, its actually still breaking news to me so I appreciate the post. The Falcons defense is in for some real trouble if they can't get any kind of pass rush, especially considering how incredibly banged up their secondary is. Missing 2 of your top 3 corners and both of your starting defensive ends is absolutely devistating.

Ouch... Falcons defense takes another blow...

Falcons DE Patrick Kerney is out for the rest of the season after tearing his pectoral muscle in Sundays loss to the Brownies. Starting CB Jason Webster is already out 4-6 weeks with a groin injury, and nickel back Kevin Mathis is done for the year with a neck injury. AND, of course, John Abraham is still hurt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom