Falcons expected to hire Jags assistant Smith as coach (1 Viewer)

Infamous504

Showing True Colors
Reaction score
Drew should be licking his chops because Smith's schemes are based on front line pressure and man/man or deep zone coverage, with little blitzing. Time to chalk up two 300-yards games for Drew.

ibelieve

unnecessarily vulgar
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They talked about this quite a bit on first take this morning. Marcellus Wiley played for Jacksonville at one point and didnt agree with the hire for the falcons. He said that Del Rio was the main influence on Defense and that Smith wasn't really respected as the leader of the D. Even now it seems that the defense belongs to Del Rio much like our offense belongs to Payton. Here is to hoping for complete failure. :beerchug:

Ti Rider

Me Worry?
Reaction score
This is a really strange hire.....Blank went from desperate to sign a "name" (he went after Cowher and Carroll) to about to sign a guy that hasn't been mentioned as possible HC anywhere. Don't get me wrong I'd like the Falcons to continue making mistakes. But even this one's got me scratching my head...really? Smith's big claim to fame is being the Ravens DL coach when they won the Superbowl.... to borrow a line used all the time on Falcons forum - bring him home Arthur........

champ76

Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Atlanta seems to have done better overall with offensive minded head coaches. Their last defensive guy(Mora) didn't work out so well.

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You mean... "run run pass" carl Smith? :hahahaha:

They're getting desparate... they could just hire Rex Ryan and call it a day... at least they're defense would be nice... with carl Smith they're whole team will suck.

srenner

C-R-U-N-K.....
Reaction score
Atlanta seems to have done better overall with offensive minded head coaches. Their last defensive guy(Mora) didn't work out so well.
You are joking right?

Junior got them to the NFCCG.
Petrino quit after what, 12 games???

Paul

Professional
Reaction score
I was hoping they would have offered Cam Cameron the gig, but I hear he's signing on with the Ravens. :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)