Article Falcons fans have defaulted on more than $32 million in PSLs (1 Viewer)

I am not opposed to the idea of the PSL in general. If it was a decent product I can see where someone would want to pay to ensure that they are able to purchase their desired seat each season. The consumer always has the right to not buy one and they don't get that seat locked in.

I am not saying that they make financial sense for most people.
I am saying Falcons football ≠ decent product.

They'll then sell the rights to another individual. I believe the rights are tied to specific seats. People are financing and defaulting on the loan agreement. They lose the PSL and it goes to the next person willing to fork over the money.
My brother had a PSL for 2 seats for 10 years in Seattle. It is for 2 seats for him to watch the game. He got rid of them. Seahawks have a Blue Pride list that is a group of people that are in line to purchase a PSL. They, on that list, have first choice for single games after the PSLs have been redistributed according to the fans desire to move/sell/buy different seat locations. After that is it open season on single games for anyone. Of course you have them that sell their tix for profit...but that is changing.

I am not opposed to the idea of the PSL in general. If it was a decent product I can see where someone would want to pay to ensure that they are able to purchase their desired seat each season. The consumer always has the right to not buy one and they don't get that seat locked in.

I am not saying that they make financial sense for most people.
I am saying Falcons football ≠ decent product.

Economically speaking, its a fantastic money making idea for the provider. The issue is there is no guarantee of the product.

Thats like paying $5000 to have the right to purchase a car at below market value, but have no idea how that car will perform in 12 months and NO RECOURSE other than to sell the car for less than purchase price.

bad idea in general for the fans with attendance issues across the league. Just another money grab. I actually wonder just how much does the ownership actually pay in regards to anything NFL related?!?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom