Falcons (fans) think they are getting Revis (Mod edit) (1 Viewer)

The Falcons have a lot more playoff appearances and better records than the Jets in recent memory. Don't be deluded by your homerism.

Cool story, bro.

Rex Ryan is 4-2 in the playoffs and Mike Smith is what, 1-3? Rex Ryan got to the Jets in 2009 vs. Mike Smith's 2008. I'd say the Jets 2 AFCCG appearances and 4 times the playoff wins trump Smith and the Falcons recent success.

Sure, the Falcons have a better regular season record but suck donkeys in the playoffs.

If they get him oh well don't matter to me. If we get him then ill be greatest revis fan alive until he starts demanding more money. Lol.

Whoever signs him better be sure of what they are doing... Anyone who's coming off that type of injury especially someone in THAT position had better know what they are doing. Just based on the kind of money he'll be demanding, it could be an out right disaster if he isn't the same player. If it were me i'd pass at this point, way too risky.

No way the Falcons can afford that contract, especially with Flacco robbing Baltimore and Ryan waiting for what will be a ludicrous payday - if you're going by playoff wins. Only way I can see that happening is if Ryan signs an extension with a friendly cap number for 2013 and Atlanta rents the services of Revis for a season. For what the Jets are asking, that's way too much to give for a guy who you won't be able to afford longterm.

No way the Falcons can afford that contract, especially with Flacco robbing Baltimore and Ryan waiting for what will be a ludicrous payday - if you're going by playoff wins. Only way I can see that happening is if Ryan signs an extension with a friendly cap number for 2013 and Atlanta rents the services of Revis for a season. For what the Jets are asking, that's way too much to give for a guy who you won't be able to afford longterm.

Lets be real here. We can't afford it either. Neither can the Broncos. Not any team at all except maybe the Bucs and Jags and very, very few others. Yet the Broncos have supposedly offered a 1st and 3rd and there are rumors of us being involved as well. Personally, I think the rumors of us being involved are merely blind hopefuls that are seeing the Rob and Rex connection.

Cool story, bro.

Rex Ryan is 4-2 in the playoffs and Mike Smith is what, 1-3? Rex Ryan got to the Jets in 2009 vs. Mike Smith's 2008. I'd say the Jets 2 AFCCG appearances and 4 times the playoff wins trump Smith and the Falcons recent success.

Sure, the Falcons have a better regular season record but suck donkeys in the playoffs.

The jets were also in a much easier conference then the falcons where 8-8 could almost guarentee you a playoff spot.

Not to mention miami and buffalo, who the jets play a total of 4 times a year, are a little bit of a joke to teams like the saints, falcons, packers, niners, giants and most other NFC teams.

Nfc equivalent of the jets? Probably the Cards, Rams, or Eagles (last two years)

Or I could just make you look like a fool by pointing out that your saying 6-10 team has a better shot at the playoffs and super bowl then a 13-3 team.

Cool story, bro.

If you're seriously trying to say the Jets have been a better team than the Falcons in the past few years you should go watch curling or water polo, because football isn't the sport for you.

I feel the same way about Alabama as I do about the Falcons and Cowboys!!:angryrazz:

Lets be real here. We can't afford it either. Neither can the Broncos. Not any team at all except maybe the Bucs and Jags and very, very few others. Yet the Broncos have supposedly offered a 1st and 3rd and there are rumors of us being involved as well. Personally, I think the rumors of us being involved are merely blind hopefuls that are seeing the Rob and Rex connection.

My comment was strictly in regards to Revis in Atlanta. Revis in black and gold is a pipe dream, and unnecessary. We have corners who can play, anyway. It's our safeties that are the problem. Really - why would the saints eat that ridiculous contract that Revis has for 2013 if, should the FO be so inclined, they could sign Ed Reed to a contract at a position of greater need for a slightly more absorbable cap number?

This stinks of an agent making a market for his client.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom