Falcons fans wishing for Pete Carmichael (1 Viewer)

And we also don't know how well he does in those interviews with that would comprise more bigger picture questions.

This is true. Hasn't he been interviewed for HC'ing jobs before? Plus, teams may be concerned that SP is the one generally calling the plays, even though Pete is the O-Coordinator.

Lol if you think Payton is going to allow Carmichael to go to the failcons

What exactly would Payton do about it?

True. As long as he is under contract, he will never be a Falcon. Besides, why would anyone want to be a part of the Turds? They are one of the worst organizations in the league, and definitely have the worst fans in the league. Would Pete even want to go there? lol

Well, it'd be a promotion into the dream job of every football coach in the world. There are only 32 of said job. Of course he'd take it.

Maybe he just loves what he does within the spotlight of head coaching. I don’t think every coordinator wants to be a head coach.

Honestly I’m surprised Carmichael doesn’t get more looks at potential HC jobs. He’s been a staple here for more than a decade and consistently puts out top 5 offenses.

I think maybe it’s because he’s so soft spoken
It could be mainly because other teams' front offices think that, regardless of title... Payton either calls the majority of plays, or has overriding input into the offensive play calling.

In other words… they think Carmichael may be a figurehead.

Maybe he just loves what he does within the spotlight of head coaching. I don’t think every coordinator wants to be a head coach.

That's not how football coaches are wired.

Also lol at getting a downvote from a guy named after a Saintsreport meme that I created. Full circle and whatnot.

That's not how football coaches are wired.

Also lol at getting a downvote from a guy named after a Saintsreport meme that I created. Full circle and whatnot.

lol at you thinking you had anything whatsoever to do with my user name and lolololol at you pretending you have a clue on what an entire group of people may be wired for.

To be honest, I believe Pete is a better play caller than Sean. Sean is still the mastermind, the guru, genius, ___, but Pete can give all his time and focus to calling plays and doesn't have his ego attached to them. Sean has to split his attention and focus between play calling and all the other duties & responsibilities head coaches face both during a game and during a normal week. Simply, I think Sean would be the best play caller if that was all he did, but due to all his other tasks, I love the rare games when we see Pete calling the plays, because you don't see him trying to force plays, go off on goofy tangents, and everything flows so organically. The games I remember Pete having called were incredibly diverse, balanced, unpredictable, trend breaking, with a great feel for when to call what play.

Sometimes I think Sean gets too cute, sometimes he likes to focus too much on a new toy, sometimes he'll break rhythm and momentum to force something he came up with. Sometimes he gets a little impatient and take his shots without setting up and establishing the viable threat that the defense eventually bites on to allow a misdirection play to work. Sean also goes ultra conservative when we play certain types of defense and you never ever see a deep shot even from Drew. The "you should take 1-2 deep shots every quarter" philosophy is completely abandoned for weeks on end under Sean. In those games or stretches of games where you'd never see Sean force the defense to defend the entire field, I'm not sure if it was because of the physical type defense the Saints were playing against, or if it was because Drew was dealing with some soft tissue injury and wouldn't be high % successful (relative to the past where Drew led the NFL on deep throw completion % by almost double what the next guy had and those seam routes and deep shots were a staple of the offense).

Honestly I’m surprised Carmichael doesn’t get more looks at potential HC jobs. He’s been a staple here for more than a decade and consistently puts out top 5 offenses.

I think maybe it’s because he’s so soft spoken

Possibly. He just doesn't have that 'head coach' vibe to me.

Didn’t they say the same thing after Smith got fired?

What exactly would Payton do about it?

Well, it'd be a promotion into the dream job of every football coach in the world. There are only 32 of said job. Of course he'd take it.
It wouldn't be the first time a sought after coordinator turned down a HC offer. CSP turned down the Raiders offer in 2004....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom