Falcons favorite to win the South now (1 Viewer)

Atlanta looks great and they have defeated two very good teams the last two weeks. They still get to play NO at their place. They should be the favorite.

Two very good teams? Who? Certainly not Pittsburgh and Cincy. Cincy is average at best and Pittsburgh is just sad.

We will see what everyone says about the Bengals and Steelers after the Saints play them. I would be ecstatic about a split, but I am expecting 0-2.

Two very good teams? Who? Certainly not Pittsburgh and Cincy. Cincy is average at best and Pittsburgh is just sad.

I would have to disagree with this. The Steelers, although having a terrible record, are still an extremely competitive team. Granted, they will not make it to the playoffs, but they are still a force to dealt with. And defeating Cincy at home is a difficult task. I am sure if we (the Saints) defeat Cincy at home it would be considered a big deal. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Falcon and Vick, I have to hear about them all the time being in ATL. But what they did is IMHO not just an ordinary task.

We will see what everyone says about the Bengals and Steelers after the Saints play them. I would be ecstatic about a split, but I am expecting 0-2.

You took the words out of my mouth, I was posting while this post went up, sorry to reiterate in the previous post.

as of right now,seven weeks into the season, only one NFC team has a better record. hopefully, after sixteen weeks, that hasn't changed. The Ravens returned a few picks, played better red zone football, but they are not going to put up 35 points every week, not even close. I look for the saints to improve, the ravens on the other hand.

Hmmmmm....

I can't imagine why they would jump from the Delhomme-led Panthers to the Vick-led Falcons.

I'm just glad they didn't pick the Saints to take the division.
Anytime they go with the Saints, we falter badly.

They can talk about those other teams all they want. Just leave us out of that debate to crown a division winner already.

I don't want us to earn it on paper...

but rather on the field of play! :9:

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I look for a competitive game against the Falcons and Steelers...but I think the Bengals will blow us out. Unfortunately, I think we will lose all three.

It is far better to get the spotlight off this team, which has had it since the beginning of the season. Let this team continue to be the underdogs and may the better or best if the Panthers get back into it, win. My focus is solely at this point on the Bucs and the next few weeks. We need to key on finding a way to win 5 more games. If we do, we will probably win the Division or at minimum get one of the wild cards.

Atlanta should be the favorite. Why would anyone say we are the favorite after this week? It is Atlanta's division to lose until we or the Panthers prove otherwise. We have lost 2 out of our last 4 games and we have only beat one team with a winning record and that was on our night.

Though I don't necessarily disagree with your comment, let's have a look at who the Falcons have beaten...

Bucs 2-5
Panthers 4-4 (sans Smith)
Cards 1-6
Pitt 2-4
Cincy 4-3

So how is that more impressive than what we've done?

If that aggravates you jusst wait till the power rankings come out
I expect
Indy
Chi
NE
Balt
Atl
SD
NYG
Dal
NO

I was expecting something like:

1....Vick
2....Alanta Falcons
3.... Mike Vick
4....Alanta
5....Vick
6....Falcons

get my drift

I'm sure this will change again when the falcons play the ravens, in the ravens' house..
baltimore seems to have a way with Vick... and it ain't pretty.

Atlanta looks great and they have defeated two very good teams the last two weeks. They still get to play NO at their place. They should be the favorite.

Two very good teams?

Would this include the 2-5 Steelers, who they beat in overtime, after which the Steelers ran out and lost to the Raiders??

Or would this include the incredibly up-and-down Bengals, who lost to the practically 0-7 Bucs, then beat a vastly-overrated Panthers team (even post-Smith's return, check out how many big wins they had over good teams) before this weekend?

Nah. The Falcons get a ton of credit for not melting down and keeping themselves in it, but even as Vick apparently turns into a combination of Otto Graham and Red Grange, now they can't stop anybody.

The NFC South is way up for grabs right now, and we've got as good a shot as they do. I look at it this way; the pressure's on them on 11/26. If they don't win that game, it's over.

I was expecting something like:

1....Vick
2....Alanta Falcons
3.... Mike Vick
4....Alanta
5....Vick
6....Falcons

get my drift

You left out Michael Vick at 4A.

I would have to disagree with this. The Steelers, although having a terrible record, are still an extremely competitive team.

Extremely competitive teams do not get thumped by the 2006 Oakland Raiders. Like a lot of media experts, you're going off past rep. They're one more bad loss from starting up the bus, and I don't mean Jerome Bettis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom