Falcons Gave Up a Lot! (1 Viewer)

2fatD-tackles

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
They were definitely in need of a CB and Trufant could be good, but boy they sure did give up a lot to get him. A 1st, 3rd and 6th? Here's to some solid players being there when they could have used those picks.

Who Dat!

Being that they had 11 picks in the draft, I am not surprised that they moved up and really only lost 2 picks as they still have 9 (they technically swapped 1st round picks). My surprise was that many of the mock drafts had Trufant going to them at 30 - so it really surprised me that they moved up, losing the 3rd and 6th round picks, to take a guy that was going to fall to them anyway.

They were definitely in need of a CB and Trufant could be good, but boy they sure did give up a lot to get him. A 1st, 3rd and 6th? Here's to some solid players being there when they could have used those picks.

Who Dat!

They had a lot to give!! 11 picks gave them the ability to move. On a SB contending team they may only have 3-4 roster spots available, so picking 11 players with only 3-4 making the team made little sense.

They have 11 picks, but 4 of them are in the 7th round. Pretty different than the situation the 9ers were/are in.

If the Falcons had offered the Saints that deal for the #15, I'd have taken it.

it really surprised me that they moved up, losing the 3rd and 6th round picks, to take a guy that was going to fall to them anyway.

There was no guarantee that he would have fallen 8 slots. Still, I like how jumpy the Falcons are in the draft. Makes me happy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom