Falcons head coach! Quinn or Shannahan (1 Viewer)

The best NFL HCs are the ones with the humility to step aside when someone knows more. Shanahan is an offensive mastermind, and Quinn has stepped aside and let him do his thing.

Quinn inherited an old, bad defense when he took over for Atlanta. He has put so much young talent on that side of the ball it's scary. Their defense is unbelievably fast, but they're a bit undersized and can be pounded IMO. Seattle ran it well on them, but didn't have the offensive line to consistently gauge them. GB's rushing defense has been nonexistent for the last several months. I think that's why Atlanta has looked so unbeatable in the playoffs.

I expect the Falcons to lose and for Blount to really pound them tonight. That offense is good enough to put points on the board, but NE will be the team sustaining possessions. It's a leap to say, but I think this is Atlanta's best shot for a bit. Shanahan leaving will be a hard thing to replace. Though their defense will have one more year to improve even more, the offense will almost certainly regress. So go Pats.

With the current state of the falcons thought it would be interesting to repopen this thread. Hind sight do you keep the cover 3 def coach or the OC who orchestrated the talent of the roster to carry the team to the super bowl

I miss Mike Smith. He always seemed to have his team ready - to choke. Maybe they can bring him in to speak to the team before the SB.

Hurray we still get to play his defense everytime we play the Bucs... Or until he's fired at the end of the season with the rest of the Bucs coaching staff.

I miss Mike Smith. He always seemed to have his team ready - to choke. Maybe they can bring him in to speak to the team before the SB.

Record-level choking achieved. No Mike Smith required. :ezbill:

Any coach for the failcons is cool bc no matter what they choke and choke hard.

images

Something is off about Atlanta though. They have the pieces, they seemingly have coaches and some good skill players. But the issue is they lack something intangible. Whatever Belechick and his staff saw at halftime in the Super Bowl has been their Achilles heel. I’m not sure how they get it back either.

That’s why I absolutely love watching the Saints defense. Maybe not as good and have fattened themselves on some injured teams. But, they are having fun. That ihaving fun makes a team dangerous. When Payton is smiling, players are smiling, they are willing to go that extra mile to win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom