N/S Falcons Hire Arthur Smith As Their New Head Coach (Updated from offered to hired) (1 Viewer)

And not Bieniemy. That was the natural fit.

What would Deshaun Watson say?...
:unsure:

Falcons made some “basic” decisions...

Terry Fontenot never showed up on anyone’s radar until Ireland got here.

Makes you wonder if they try to replication Derrick Henry. I'd love for them to try...there have only been a few players like Henry in NFL history.

This was my thought as well. Arthur Smith is a very, very good coach that handles the ebbs and flows of football at an elite level. But they aren’t well built on the OL and they have the worst backfield in the NFL. Makes me think they acknowledge the overhaul and guys like Ryan & Julio may be elsewhere next season.

If, in fact, Fontenot has agreed to take the Falcons GM position and is already assembling his staff without being officially hired by the Falcons...the Saints should immediately hand him his walking papers.
If he is still in the employment of the Saints and organizing his staff for the Falcons...that seems to be a conflict of interest.

I agree with this. If Fontenot is working and getting paid by the Saints, but he is fact "working" behind the scenes unofficially as Falcons GM, the Saints should take away his keys and leave a blow out box in his parking spot. What is he doing, talking to current Saints employees about taking jobs with the Falcons while they are all being paid by the Saints?

Saints should point blank ask Fontenot is he has unofficially accepted the Falcons job. If he has, tell him to stay home.

The risk here is that the NFL would then say that the Saints fired Fontenot before he was officially "hired" by the Falcons so no two 3rd round picks for you!

Terry was with the Saints in a lower capacity LONG before Ireland arrived.

Yeah in a lower capacity...as in scout or scouting assistant. Not anyone that would be considered for a GM so the implication that Ireland got him where he is because "He was never on anyone's radar before Ireland" makes no sense. He was promoted to Director of Pro Scouting about the same time Ireland took over College Scouting. Ireland had nothing to do with Fontenot getting this job offer. He earned it.

And not Bieniemy. That was the natural fit.

What would Deshaun Watson say?...
:unsure:

falcons fans wanted Bieniemy and he's been a hot name but teams are going in other directions. I wonder if teams are skeptical because it's hard to judge how much of Bieniemy's success has been due to having the best QB on earth and Andy Reid.

It reminds me of Pete Carmichael. Pete is the OC but SP is the one with the Waffle House menu during games. Reid has the Waffle House menu as well. All these years and all this success I can't remember a single time where it looked like Pete was leaving.

As for Arthur Smith, I'm not shaking in my shoes. That Tennessee offense has been so reliant on a unique talent in Derrick Henry. What does that offense look like without the most physically gifted RB in the league?

Knew it.

Looks like they won’t blow up the roster until next year when they can avoid all the dead cap.

Calling Harris to the Falcons now.

Last edited:
I agree with this. If Fontenot is working and getting paid by the Saints, but he is fact "working" behind the scenes unofficially as Falcons GM, the Saints should take away his keys and leave a blow out box in his parking spot. What is he doing, talking to current Saints employees about taking jobs with the Falcons while they are all being paid by the Saints?

Saints should point blank ask Fontenot is he has unofficially accepted the Falcons job. If he has, tell him to stay home.

The risk here is that the NFL would then say that the Saints fired Fontenot before he was officially "hired" by the Falcons so no two 3rd round picks for you!
Excellent point.

Yeah in a lower capacity...as in scout or scouting assistant. Not anyone that would be considered for a GM so the implication that Ireland got him where he is because "He was never on anyone's radar before Ireland" makes no sense. He was promoted to Director of Pro Scouting about the same time Ireland took over College Scouting. Ireland had nothing to do with Fontenot getting this job offer. He earned it.
I never said he did NOT earn it.

LET ME TRANSLATE IT FOR YOU:

I intimated, due to the MIRACULOUS turn-around in COLLEGE TALENT ACQUISITION due to JEFF IRELAND Being in charge of Scouting REORGANIZATION & COLLEGE talent acquisition the SAINTS HAVE BEEN drastically improved.

Everyone has benefited from this:Brees, Payton, Fontenot, etc...

I believe Terry has benefited the MOST at the moment.

I do NOT believe Terry is as good as Ireland. Terry was a 🔑 part of Ireland & Loomis’ Reorganization Plan. Thus this makes Terry Fontenot a benefactor of “change” at the mercy of Ireland & Loomis.

This is what happened. Argue all day.

I do believe Terry is “good” & he did IN FACT earn it.

That is all.

God Bless

I never said he did NOT earn it.

LET ME TRANSLATE IT FOR YOU:

I intimated, due to the MIRACULOUS turn-around in COLLEGE TALENT ACQUISITION due to JEFF IRELAND Being in charge of Scouting REORGANIZATION & COLLEGE talent acquisition the SAINTS HAVE BEEN drastically improved.

Everyone has benefited from this:Brees, Payton, Fontenot, etc...

I believe Terry has benefited the MOST at the moment.

I do NOT believe Terry is as good as Ireland. Terry was a 🔑 part of Ireland & Loomis’ Reorganization Plan. Thus this makes Terry Fontenot a benefactor of “change” at the mercy of Ireland & Loomis.

This is what happened. Argue all day.

I do believe Terry is “good” & he did IN FACT earn it.

That is all.

God Bless

Our pro personnel has been just as important with key acquisitions like Demario Davis, Kwon Alexander, Janoris and Malcom Jenkins. The incredible depth we have with players like Swearinger and Hurst being able to step in for injuries. He's as much a part of this deal as Ireland.

Our pro personnel has been just as important with key acquisitions like Demario Davis, Kwon Alexander, Janoris and Malcom Jenkins. The incredible depth we have with players like Swearinger and Hurst being able to step in for injuries. He's as much a part of this deal as Ireland.
I respectfully disagree.
Good luck to Terry.
Everything changed with Ireland.
I do believe Terry is “likely” better than Ryan Pace.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom