N/S Falcons Hire Arthur Smith As Their New Head Coach (Updated from offered to hired) (1 Viewer)

Pensacola

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
This would not go over well if he turns down the job, then the next guy would know he was not their first choice. Read were the Eagles were looking hard at Smith too, so he probably has choices to where he wants to be the head coach.

As we’ve all heard by now, Terry Fontenot is the Falcons leading choice for their GM position, but can’t be hired until the Saints exit the post season. If true, this is most likely Fontenot’s decision, 1’st choice as head coach.

Last edited:
He and Fontenout would probably work well together. They would need substantive change to pull off the overhaul. Don’t know if they have the resources to do it. If I were Smith I would probably look elsewhere for my HC shot.

I read somewhere yesterday that Brady was Fontenot’s top pick. Kind of weird having a top pick when you can’t interview them. The natural process would be to hire the GM and let them hire the coach.

Makes you wonder if they try to replication Derrick Henry. I'd love for them to try...there have only been a few players like Henry in NFL history.

I’ve been thinking if Arthur Smith wants to do what the Titans do, Atlanta is not a good fit.

If this transpires, I can see the Falcons either drafting or bringing in a big bad running back.

On second thought, with a stud RB like Derrick Henry, and an average QB like Ryan Tannehill, how could emphasizing the running game not be Arthur Smith’s primary offensive strategy With the Titans.

Mike Detillier knows the Titans well as he does a show there too. Look forward to hearing his commentary on Smith.

Last edited:
#4 would be really early for a RB...but it makes me wonder if they try to find a way to land Najee Harris...maybe by a draft down in the 1st or a trade up in the 2nd.

I was thinking hope he falls to the 2nd or trade up late first.

#4 would be really early for a RB...but it makes me wonder if they try to find a way to land Najee Harris...maybe by a draft down in the 1st or a trade up in the 2nd.

Thinking about it, a really good RB probably will fix a lot of Falcon problems on offense. And a ball controlled, more time of possession approach helps their defense too.

Now, a better run game helps; but there defense will still need a lot more improvement.

This would not go over well if he turns down the job, then the next guy would know he was not their first choice.

I don't know if that is high up the list, or even if it matters... maybe it does for established HCs. There are only 32 HC positions, and even less openings every year.

If, in fact, Fontenot has agreed to take the Falcons GM position and is already assembling his staff without being officially hired by the Falcons...the Saints should immediately hand him his walking papers.
If he is still in the employment of the Saints and organizing his staff for the Falcons...that seems to be a conflict of interest.

Yeah...I would be quite upset of Najee somehow landed with the Falcons in the 2nd round. That would suck.

Right in the range of where Jonathan Taylor went last year. But I’ve seen Najee mocked to the Steelers late 1st.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom