Falcons lose...Stakes even bigger for the Saints (1 Viewer)

Watch the game plan be to play a soft cover 2. Being scared of the beep ball from a guy who rarely throws behind the line of scrimmage. And offensively we’ll come out trying to hit short / intermediate passes. When it doesn’t work, we’ll just keep trying it.

He'll yeah!!!!
If we squeak into the playoffs the Eagles pick goes from top 10 to the 20s!!!!!
But so will all of our picks after Round 1. Let’s face it, we’re going to give Eagles a much better pick than anyone expected. Remember that whatever happens in our last five games is also going to affect where in the draft order we get to select the players that will rebuild our anemic team.

It’s not going to do us any good to win enough games to sneak into a ‘one game’ postseason at the risk of falling way back on the selection chart next April.

It is really going to come to these critical division games here in the stretch. It actually benefits N.O. to have a late bye. If they can start getting healthy and make a run, They could be dangerous. Big 'IF' tho.
Carolina had their BYE this week and the Saints & Falcons will have theirs next week. So all three of our division cellar dwellers have the same scenario. Right now the strongest of the three appears to be the Panthers. :covri:

But so will all of our picks after Round 1. Let’s face it, we’re going to give Eagles a much better pick than anyone expected. Remember that whatever happens in our last five games is also going to affect where in the draft order we get to select the players that will rebuild our anemic team.

It’s not going to do us any good to win enough games to sneak into a ‘one game’ postseason at the risk of falling way back on the selection chart next April.
That's not a good attitude.
If we are going to clean house in the off-season, then sure lets kill any type of winning atmosphere.
You think Drew Brees and Sean Payton had conversations about trying to lose for better draft picks during the 7 - 9 years?
That way of thinking is a losers way of thinking. I'd rather have a locker room full of guys who believe in themselves then a higher draft pick.

I hope it happens. I put $100 on saints to win division in training camp when every report was how awesome they looked.

So far that’s a complete waste of money.
If it makes you feel better, you're not the only one. Right there with ya.

I also put money on them winning over 8.5 games. "Surely we'll win at least as many games as last season, now that Winston and MT are back, and we got Landry, Olave, and Honey Badger! It's a dead lock!"

Sigh...

I'd say that "all the money is on the table tonight".....

Attachments

• money on table.jpg
    money on table.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 0
If we are going to clean house in the off-season, then sure lets kill any type of winning atmosphere.
You think Drew Brees and Sean Payton had conversations about trying to lose for better draft picks during the 7 - 9 years?
That way of thinking is a losers way of thinking. I'd rather have a locker room full of guys who believe in themselves then a higher draft pick.
Yep, losing is for...losers. yeah

The problem we’re gonna run into (even if we beat TB (tomorrow) is that the Bucs are still gonna own every tiebreaker.

They could lose four in a row, all the way through Cincinnati in two weeks. And unless we ran the table, they’d still win the division if they beat Carolina and Atlanta to close the season.
The biggest problem I foresee is winning football games on a semi regular basis

Seriously I want the Saints to win and take the NFC South (and beyond if that’s possible). I was simply replying to someone who said that we should win the South in order to give the Eagles a lesser draft pick.

I’m pulling for the Saints to win… always & forever, no matter the situation we’re in. But I must admit that it wouldn’t hurt me one bit if we have a shot at some better player in this coming draft.

Still I have too much pride in my team to want them to lose. But I can also see the handwriting on the wall. I’m not going to beat myself up the rest of this season if we fail to win enough games to win the division. I’d love for that to happen, but it’s obviously a long shot.

This is a big game. I'm gonna need all the reverse Jinxers to reverse Jinx SO HARD today!

Y'all know if we go on and win the division, even at 7-10, then there's no chance that we fire DA. It seems to me that the guy could win the Super Bowl this year and we'd still want him gone. We've been spoiled by an exciting team with a polarizing coach since 2006 and now we have a boring team. This is like watching a Texan vs Jaguar game in late December.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom