Falcons lose...Stakes even bigger for the Saints (1 Viewer)

I love the thought of us sneaking into the playoffs with a horrible record. Not because we would win a game but because we would keep Tommy boy out in what should be his last year.

This saints season is like that episode of South Park when Mr.Garrison wasn’t trying to be president of the United States and the people loved him. No matter what he said….It’s like the saints want to keep losing but somehow they keep staying in playoff contention because of the other teams.

I feel like they are going to pull this out just to get our hopes up.
Lol that would be the most Saints ever. Get our hopes up. Make us put in an emotional investment and get us back in this thing. They could be in the drivers seat only to drive off of a cliff into a landfill that is on fire.

I'm going to try to resist the temptation to put some hope back into this season. Easier said than done though. I'm not good at embracing the suck. If they somehow manage to beat the Bucs then I'll probably be on here tomorrow talking about the best possible playoff matchups for us. If you give me a glimmer of hope I'm all in.

Y'all know if we go on and win the division, even at 7-10, then there's no chance that we fire DA. It seems to me that the guy could win the Super Bowl this year and we'd still want him gone. We've been spoiled by an exciting team with a polarizing coach since 2006 and now we have a boring team. This is like watching a Texan vs Jaguar game in late December.
i dont think saints fire DA either way. winning division or not.

-first year head coach (here at least)
-horrible cap situation
-no qb
-no first round pick (pending payton trade)

its not exactly a top HC gig right now. give it another year, fix cap, dont trade future picks away this year, then next offseason, most likely let allen go, have a decent cap situation, a high draft pick. thatll be a much more enticing job for a future HC.

Lets win the division with a 6-11 record!!!

It's not impossible...
1670260007149.png

I kinda really want this now. Could you imagine the sheet fit the sports media and Jerry Jones would throw if a 14-3 Cowboys had to play an away game at 6-11 New Orleans??!?! Pahahahahahahhahahha.

It's not impossible...
1670260007149.png

I kinda really want this now. Could you imagine the sheet fit the sports media and Jerry Jones would throw if a 14-3 Cowboys had to play an away game at 6-11 New Orleans??!?! Pahahahahahahhahahha.

Watching the Cowboys lose in that situation would be the best thing ever! Lol.

It's not impossible...
1670260007149.png

Dat’s really some messed up stuff right dere! :hihi:

But I know how I would feel if we were the 14-win team in that same scenario. No one expects to have to travel with such an impressive record. :covri:

It's not impossible...
1670260007149.png

That’s why I’m hoping for it to happen. Let’s make them so mad, that their heads will explode

It's not impossible...
1670260007149.png

I kinda really want this now. Could you imagine the sheet fit the sports media and Jerry Jones would throw if a 14-3 Cowboys had to play an away game at 6-11 New Orleans??!?! Pahahahahahahha

Imagine if the Cowpatties suffer a bunch of injuries down the stretch and are tired. They now have to immediately go on the road in the playoffs against a team with a far worse record and play in a reenergized Super Dome in front of a raging crowd. Now imagine that Alvin Kamara breaks a bunch of arm tackles on his way to the end zone (mostly due to the Cowpatties DC instructing defenders to swat at the ball in a weak attempt to create turnovers). That single run might be all Saints fans can talk about for the next decade. It might even get a nickname….something like “Domequake”.

Jerrah Jones (aka Skeletor) would be in Goodell's office the next day with the rule change - if your team finishes below .500 and makes the playoffs only due to winning a horrible division they have to travel to the team with the better record…….

That's not a good attitude.
If we are going to clean house in the off-season, then sure lets kill any type of winning atmosphere.
You think Drew Brees and Sean Payton had conversations about trying to lose for better draft picks during the 7 - 9 years?
That way of thinking is a losers way of thinking. I'd rather have a locker room full of guys who believe in themselves then a higher draft pick.
Agreed. You have 5 games left and you go out there and try to win all 5. It is up to the front office to plan and strategize for the future; it’s up to the coaches and players to go out and do all that they can to win each week.

What the Saints don’t need is to ever revert back to a losing culture. Every team is going to have down seasons but that culture of losing is very difficult to turnaround once it permeates through your building.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom