N/S Falcons Hire Arthur Smith As Their New Head Coach (Updated from offered to hired) (1 Viewer)

I might get beat up for this, but the Falcons to me is a good coach and a few good players away from being very competitive.

I don't expect them to be bottom feeders forever. Of course I hope they stay at the bottom but who knows.

I dunno, most think Matt Ryan is a good QB but they have had so much talent around him and he never been able to do anything with them except here and there. Been a problem since Mike Smith drafted him, as i said another thread, most problems the Falcons have had now is the same ones they had in late 2000s under Mike Smith once Ryan arrived.

I dont believe they going to change until they change QBs.

I agree with this. If Fontenot is working and getting paid by the Saints, but he is fact "working" behind the scenes unofficially as Falcons GM, the Saints should take away his keys and leave a blow out box in his parking spot. What is he doing, talking to current Saints employees about taking jobs with the Falcons while they are all being paid by the Saints?

Saints should point blank ask Fontenot is he has unofficially accepted the Falcons job. If he has, tell him to stay home.

The risk here is that the NFL would then say that the Saints fired Fontenot before he was officially "hired" by the Falcons so no two 3rd round picks for you!
I think you're looking at it far too much from a fan perspective.

The Saints FO and staff I'm sure are supportive of Terry. They probably would have preferred he went to the AFC, but there's only 32 of these jobs and Payton has been adamant about always doing his part to propel a coach or executive into a higher position if they are offered.

I can assure you the Saints and Terry set boundaries and worked out a plan with this move. It's not as deep as "Rawr he's a Falcon now he's probably hurting us from the inside already!!!" That's not how it works.

That may be how fanatics view it, but in the world of business I can assure you this will be/is a smooth transaction.

Sucks that Terry is the enemy now but I wish him the best in that they never make the playoffs but he still has prolonged job stability somehow lol

They haven't officially hired a GM yet, so who hired him, Arthur Blank? Maybe he just likes the name?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom