Falcons plan to cut Michael Turner(merged) (1 Viewer)

I sure hope they don't draft lacy. but they may also get him and a TE, they will look scary, except that Matty melting Ice can't deliver.

On ESPN radio, they said the falcons were cutting him to make cap room to go after Mike Wallace and possibly Greg Jennings too.

Tell me again about matty ryan and..ah well

I see your point, but having "names" doesn't mean winning especially if you have a loser for qb

I wasn't praising Atlanta, I can't stand them; I was telling the truth. I guess I should have stated what's obvious; we will beat them because they have Matt Ryan and we have Drew Brees.

On ESPN radio, they said the falcons were cutting him to make cap room to go after Mike Wallace and possibly Greg Jennings too.

There is no way they can afford that much on just the receiver position in addition to what they already have. Hopefully you were joking.

N/S Atlanta Falcons Will Reportedly Release RB Michael Turner

Atlanta Falcons Will Reportedly Release RB Michael Turner | Bleacher Report

After five seasons, the Michael Turner era in Atlanta will reportedly come to an end.
According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Falcons are "likely" to let Turner go to save money against the salary cap for 2013.
Falcons are likely to release running back Michael Turner, who is scheduled to make $6.9 million this season.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 22, 2013
Falcons head coach Mike Smith neither denied nor confirmed the reports of his imminent release (via CBS Sports' Will Brinson).
"We're recalibrating our roster," Smith was quoted as saying. "Michael's under contract right now and we'll continue to go through the process in terms of how we're going to recalibrate it."

------------------------------------------

Glad and not that he's leaving. It was great that the new offense had no clue how to use him. He seems to still have it in him so long as he's got a good scheme that'll make use of him. Maybe the Jets sign him and Ivory and go back to being competitive?

no , he is done, glad they kept him as long as they did, he should have been replaced years ago, when Turner the Burner flame burned out

no , he is done, glad they kept him as long as they did, he should have been replaced years ago, when Turner the Burner flame burned out

Why do you say that? It really looked to be more of a bad scheme than Turner losing a step. His injury history doesn't really suggest that he's done, either.

There is no way they can afford that much on just the receiver position in addition to what they already have. Hopefully you were joking.

They already have 3 quality receivers (debatable I know), why break the bank on Wallace?

Why do you say that? It really looked to be more of a bad scheme than Turner losing a step. His injury history doesn't really suggest that he's done, either.

Dude, he was super slow last year. He also wasn't the "bowling ball" he used to be. It's just his age catching up with him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom