Falcons re-sign Stecker (Merged) (1 Viewer)

I'm sure they are also trying to get an edge on us by doing this....

I thought he went to Green Bay? Either way, we know what that's really all about. He''l probably be cut next week.

It's official he signed today
Falcons signed RB Aaron Stecker, formerly of the Saints.
Surely it's just a coincidence that the Falcons are playing the Saints this week. Stecker will add backfield depth with Jerious Norwood (hip) and Ovie Mughelli (calf) banged up. The 33-year-old won't have fantasy value.
Source: ESPN.com

There's really not much Stecker can Smith about our O that Smith doesn't already know from watching video.

I thought he went to Green Bay? Either way, we know what that's really all about. He''l probably be cut next week.

From an earlier thread:

Packers Tried to Bring in Aaron Stecker (from a Packers blog, dated 10/26/2009):

I have it from a reliable source that the Green Bay Packers tried to bring in former Ashwaubenon star Aaron Stecker for a tryout today. Unfortunately, the Packers didn’t get a chance to take a look at the former Tampa Bay and New Orleans running back/kick returner, as he had already signed with the Atlanta Falcons.

Stecker wasn't even in camp this year with us, was he? What he could possibly provide to the Fal-clowns that they wouldn't be able to see on tape?

He'll have a total of 5 days to learn the playbook for whatever presence he's going to have on the field. I don't see him contributing too much, unless they stick him on special teams.

Not worried in the least!!! Saints 48 Fal-clowns 17 Book it now!!!

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/4412/adding-stecker-gives-falcons-flexibility

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="75%" border=0 sizset="128" sizcache="2"><TBODY sizset="128" sizcache="2"><TR sizset="128" sizcache="2"><TD vAlign=top sizset="128" sizcache="2">Adding Stecker gives Falcons flexibility
October 27, 2009 2:47 PM
Posted by ESPN.com&#8217;s Pat Yasinskas

As I reported earlier on our news side, the Atlanta Falcons have added running back/return man Aaron Stecker.

Not sure exactly what the implications of this roster move are, but I think it&#8217;s safe to assume the Falcons believe either backup running back/return man Jerious Norwood or fullback Ovie Mughelli will be out for an extended period. Or maybe even both of them will be out for a while.

Norwood and Mughelli both sat out Sunday&#8217;s game in Dallas and that left the Falcons thin on backfield depth. Jason Snelling had to serve as the top backup to Michael Turner at running back and Verron Haynes at fullback.

Adding Stecker gives the Falcons a lot more flexibility in the backfield and another option in the return game.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Does AS play defense? Didnt think so. Therefore he will be no help to ATL this week, IMO.

Well Norwood has been dinged up all year long and our 3rd string back Jason Snelling has been playing some FB with Mughelli out. Snelling has been playing pretty well so i don't know why we signed Steck.

i always liked stecker's heart and his leadership as one of the captains of the team

having said that.......im calling for his head right now

Much respect to Stecker, dude's just playing for the love of the game. His wife's the heiress of a 470.5 billion dollar fortune or something like that. That being said, I hope he has a quiet and uneventful game Monday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom