N/S Falcons really are shopping Julio? (1 Viewer)

This is one that "could" happen if the Falcons really got an offer they couldn't refuse. Dealing Julio would cost them about $12M (pro-rated) in cap space immediately. They only have over $1M now. So to deal him they'd have to make some moves and restructure some deals. If they got some offer that is too good to pass up though, they might do that.

Matt Ryan can't be dealt this year, but theoretically could be in the offseason. Still, I think cap and financially the Falcons are more likely to let both play one more season with a new coach and then bail after 2021 when they can move on with actual cap and money savings.

Imagine him on the Saints, it would be pretty awesome.
images

I think they're stuck with his contract for now. Same with Ryan. It seems odd to say that a team is stuck with such a tremendous talent like Julio but right now he's fancy hood ornament on an old El Camino on blocks in the front yard.

I think Julio is a little overrated though. He's either going berserk or you forget he's even on the field. And he inexplicably averages only 6 TDs a year. Only caught double digit TDs once.

Don't know what Arthur is asking for but I can imagine he got an expensive contract and Arthur no longer wants to pay it. Look at this man.

Canton?

****, gimme one right outside our SuperDome tomorrow.

I think they're stuck with his contract for now. Same with Ryan. It seems odd to say that a team is stuck with such a tremendous talent like Julio but right now he's fancy hood ornament on an old El Camino on blocks in the front yard.

I think Julio is a little overrated though. He's either going berserk or you forget he's even on the field. And he inexplicably averages only 6 TDs a year. Only caught double digit TDs once.
He's allergic to paint.

Elite productive talent, and somehow the emptiest numbers in the league.

He's allergic to paint.

Elite productive talent, and somehow the emptiest numbers in the league.

Makes no sense. Dude is a freak show. 6'3", 220, running a 4.4. But get down in the red zone and he becomes the invisible man. It truly is bizarre. They've had several OCs and none of them have been able to use him in the red zone.

Julio is beat up again and looking sluggish. If they could unload him they should ASAP

Julio is beat up again and looking sluggish. If they could unload him they should ASAP

i don’t think Julio has taken care of himself like a professional. He may just be one of those guys that always got by with physical gifts alone. Last year, they were down inside the ten with the game on the line in the fourth quarter. JJ actually lifted his hand to be taken out of the game for a play. Every true star i have ever watched would just about have to have both legs broke to come out with the game on the line.

Makes no sense. Dude is a freak show. 6'3", 220, running a 4.4. But get down in the red zone and he becomes the invisible man. It truly is bizarre. They've had several OCs and none of them have been able to use him in the red zone.

People forget that the Falcons were down 15-10 in the road playoff game in 2017, the year after 28-3. They had 1st-and-goal at the nine, Ryan went to Jones three times, one inc, one catch down to the two, and on fourth down he dropped a very catchable fade in the back right corner of the end zone. If he makes that catch, good chance they beat Minny next week and get back to the Super Bowl.

But no.

On the other hand, we did get another chance to see Arthur Blank End of Big Game Face.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom