Falcons release Dunn (1 Viewer)

jchauv

Section 127
Reaction score
POSTED 11:33 a.m. EST, March 3, 2008

WARRICK GETS HIS WISH

A day after signing running back Michael Turner to a long-term deal, the Atlanta Falcons have parted ways with veteran tailback Warrick Dunn.

The team has announced that Dunn has been released. He reportedly asked to be let go after Turner was acquired.

"Warrick Dunn holds himself to the highest standards of the National Football League," said Falcons owner Arthur Blank in a team-issued release. "His contributions, not only to the Falcons but to the entire NFL both on and off the field, have been well documented. The legacy he leaves in Atlanta will be long-remembered and appreciated by his fellow players, fans and the community. In my mind, Warrick will always be part of the Falcons family. At times like this our hearts are heavy, but the nature of the game sometimes requires making these kinds of decisions, however difficult they are for all of us. I wish Warrick continued great success in his future endeavors."

Perhaps better known for his time in Tampa, Dunn actually spent one more season with the Falcons.

He instantly becomes a free agent, and he may sign with any other team.

Dunn, who last week was named the inaugural recipient of our Joe Delaney Award, has rushed for 10,179 yards and has more than 4,000 receiving yards. He was named the NFL's Walter Payton Man of the Year in 2004. B

Because Dunn spent much of his first five NFL seasons splitting touches with Mike Alstott in Tampa, Warrick still has plenty of tread on the tires. Moreover, he would immediately infuse a high amount of character into any NFL locker room.

If we were running the show for any of the other 31 NFL franchises (and fans of each of those teams should thanks the Heavens every moment of every day that we aren't), we'd sign Dunn right now.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

truly one of the class guys in the NFL

truly one of the class guys in the NFL
Perhaps the only player on the Falcon's I ever liked, and I own a Saints #87 Horn jersey. I wish Dunn the best for whichever team he signs with.

I think we could use him! If deuce does come back he isn't gonna be what he use too! I like Thomas but he is an unproven back! Reggie already proved that he cant handle da load! With dunn we would have a deadly running game!

I say sign him with a modest incentive based contract and if he can beat out who we have, keep him. If not, release him.

I wish him the best for whatever team he lands on but I think we don't need him here.

Dunn > Stecker. Dunn wouldn't be the STer Steck is, but he's a far better runner. Dunn has a little left in the tank, and he'd be an enormous charactor guy for us... I'd sign him up, and bring him home.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom