Falcons Rid of DC and DL Coach?? [RB coach leaves too] (1 Viewer)

They're blowing it up or either Quinn want his guys in there

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus using Tapatalk

Very odd indeed. His dline was playing very well. One of them had like 3 sacks. Stopped the run all game long. I wonder what happened. Makes me wonder if they had a heated disagreement of some sort.

Reminds of that nursery rhyme humpty dumpty

Wow. I mean, its not like the defense collapsed and let Rex Grossman drive the field all night on them. Tom Brady is considered the best for a reason, and they held him in check well enough to reasonably expect that it would lead to a victory.

Also, Freaking Grady Jarrett is a only a second year player selected in the fifth round with no pass rush skills to speak of when he came into the league, and he tied a Super Bowl record for sacks. Their defensive line was all over Brady for three quarters. And you fire the guy who helped develop that?

This really seems like a case of misplaced blame, and is a very surprising turn of events. Say what you will about Blank, but he seems to be a decent guy and loyal to his people. Dan Quinn did too. I'm really curious what led to this, and who's decision it was to pull the trigger.

I think the Falcons should cut that scrub Grady Jarrett too. :mwink:

Dan Quinn mean business. Atl got a good coach in Quinn. He dont play favoritism like other coaches. Do your JOB.

what other coaches?

obvious you know next to little about "uniformity" and "cohesiveness".

The team is already having to retool the offence, just after its second year. Now it will also have to adjust defensively.

After a collapse like that, to jettison the defensive staff????

Dan Quinn will be your new Mike Smith. Mediocrity going forward.

Not many veteran DCs will want to coach under the blanket of "knee-jerk" reactionary moves.

Sounds like a good way to cause bad blood in the locker room if they're solely blaming the defense. If Cox and Smith were well liked and respected it seems like a perfect way to alienate their players. Bitter feelings are hard to suppress and once locker room feuds begin it's difficult to get that under control without sending people packing.

Good job, Atlanta.

Very dumb move if true. That defense is legit...and just needed two things.

1. To play four whole quarters, which could be solved easily in training camp, practices, extra gassers...surprise addition at the end of practices to make them mentally tough.

2. Instill a run game that eats up clock and helps them hold the ball more when they have a lead like they had against us and NE.

Blowing it up seems like an overreaction, and may come back to haunt them, unless Quinn is trying to bring some if his folks from Seattle in there. If that's the case, we better not roll-out the same nonsense we put on the field each year now...bc we won't be able to compete.

I agree I think they also ran out of gas cause in the 1st half they were all over 2nd half they weren't my take is they were gassed. You didn't hear about Babineaux in 2nd half much

Cox is a very good Dline coach. Somebody is going to snag him up right away. Plus his neckroll was iconic in his playing days

Does anyone think that Atlanta waited until after we hired our D-line coach before they released Cox?

BTW, am I mistaken or isn't Cox the one who knocked our T.E. in the head with a bag of coins back in the 90's( at our training camp) ?

Wow. I mean, its not like the defense collapsed and let Rex Grossman drive the field all night on them. Tom Brady is considered the best for a reason, and they held him in check well enough to reasonably expect that it would lead to a victory.

Also, Freaking Grady Jarrett is a only a second year player selected in the fifth round with no pass rush skills to speak of when he came into the league, and he tied a Super Bowl record for sacks. Their defensive line was all over Brady for three quarters. And you fire the guy who helped develop that?

This really seems like a case of misplaced blame, and is a very surprising turn of events. Say what you will about Blank, but he seems to be a decent guy and loyal to his people. Dan Quinn did too. I'm really curious what led to this, and who's decision it was to pull the trigger.

None of this is surprising to me. This is the sort of thing I imagined a franchise would do if they recorded the worst, most embarrassing, humiliating loss in NFL history. Nothing comes close to this. A 25 point lead with a quarter and a half to go in the Super Bowl, and to then lose? It is a franchise defining loss. They're reeling and have no idea what to do right now.

And the fact it is the falcons imploding makes it just all the more delicious.

Does anyone think that Atlanta waited until after we hired our D-line coach before they released Cox?

BTW, am I mistaken or isn't Cox the one who knocked our T.E. in the head with a bag of coins back in the 90's( at our training camp) ?

That was Andre Royal. :covri:

I think Atlanta would have been better off promoting QB coach Matt LaFleur to OC instead of bringing in Sarkasian. He had been with Shanahan since his Washington days and would have let the offense have some continuity. He didn't improve RG3's game, but he had a good relationship with Cousins. I also noticed a big improvement this year in Matt Ryan's footwork in the pocket. Now they are losing him to the Rams.

Its Quinn's system so the names and faces in those positions can change. Its like Payton can get rid of Carmichael and all of the offensive assistance, and it won't matter because the system remains.

I don't think Quinn is a bad coach and he has done a good job. He is only 2 years in and they are firing coaches and losing a o/c. It Ryan 2 years to get in sync with the offense.The team is coming along and now you start breaking it down there is a lot of chemistry being lost at the wrong time. KS will go to SF and will most likely be walking out of the door by the end of year 2 or 3.

I don't think Payton could get away with that there ate few teams that can. It's the chemistry of the team that is being hurt and for them after the loss it's going to be tough for them, it will be interesting if the crash like the Panthers did.All in all we still take them apart next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom