Falcons Rid of DC and DL Coach?? [RB coach leaves too] (1 Viewer)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">More shakeup on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Falcons?src=hash">#Falcons</a> staff. RB coach Bobby Turner leaving to take same position with 49ers.</p>&mdash; Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) <a href="https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/829382637533802496">February 8, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That

That was Andre Royal. :covri:

That was the dreaded gauntlet hazing and he hit Cam Cleeland and broke his eye socket if I remember correctly. It never made sense to hit your own players and really put his health and his job at risk and of course Ditka didn't do anything another if I remember it was a long time ago.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">More shakeup on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Falcons?src=hash">#Falcons</a> staff. RB coach Bobby Turner leaving to take same position with 49ers.</p>&mdash; Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) <a href="https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/829382637533802496">February 8, 2017</a></blockquote>

:hihi: :spit::smilielol:

Getting rid of the best coaches on their team, love it!

Very dumb move if true. That defense is legit...and just needed two things.

1. To play four whole quarters, which could be solved easily in training camp, practices, extra gassers...surprise addition at the end of practices to make them mentally tough.

2. Instill a run game that eats up clock and helps them hold the ball more when they have a lead like they had against us and NE.

Blowing it up seems like an overreaction, and may come back to haunt them, unless Quinn is trying to bring some if his folks from Seattle in there. If that's the case, we better not roll-out the same nonsense we put on the field each year now...bc we won't be able to compete.

He'd have to import the Seachickens' entire defense to Atlanta to duplicate the shut-down style. And I wouldn't call our offense nonsense. Our defense the past three years, yes, but not the offense.

Nah, but he wore the Black and Gold on the field late in his career! I seem to remember that when he was on the best damn sports show, he was one of the few talking heads that spoke highly of the Saints organization. Was hoping he would have coached our D-Line instead of Atlanta

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I have a picture of me with him on the sideline somewhere. I couldn't remember if it was as a player or a coach.

Listening to 92FM out of Atlanta they were bringing up something about Quinn making defense calls after their bye week and that this was possible moves regardless of whether they won the Superbowl or not.

Definite overreaction, and I'm loving it!

yes, I don't think the defense had much left in the tank at the end. Time of possession was roughly NE 40 minutes to 20 for ATL. Any time a defense is on the field that long, they'll be gassed. I read ATL only ran the ball in the second half a handful of times. They should have run the clock out more.

Listening to 92FM out of Atlanta they were bringing up something about Quinn making defense calls after their bye week and that this was possible moves regardless of whether they won the Superbowl or not.

That is fine and all but what about the offense? They are losing the OC, QB coach and now RB's coach. I am almost positive that wasn't planned. Maybe the OC but not the other ones.

That is fine and all but what about the offense? They are losing the OC, QB coach and now RB's coach. I am almost positive that wasn't planned. Maybe the OC but not the other ones.

Especially the way the running backs coach up and left for a lateral move when he's had one of the best running back tandems in Coleman and Freeman in the whole league this past year.

Sure looks like things behind the scenes in Atlanta are going up in flames.

I'm loving every minute of it.

I don't think Quinn is a bad coach and he has done a good job. He is only 2 years in and they are firing coaches and losing a o/c. It Ryan 2 years to get in sync with the offense.The team is coming along and now you start breaking it down there is a lot of chemistry being lost at the wrong time. KS will go to SF and will most likely be walking out of the door by the end of year 2 or 3.

I don't think Payton could get away with that there ate few teams that can. It's the chemistry of the team that is being hurt and for them after the loss it's going to be tough for them, it will be interesting if the crash like the Panthers did.All in all we still take them apart next year.

My point was that Dan Quinn is the guy that put that defensive system in place, and he calls the plays on defense. It doesn't matter who he has as the "defensive coordinator" its Quinn's scheme, and he's the guy calling the plays. I was watching ESPN :)angryrazz:) at the gym a couple hours ago and they talked about this... the one guy (name escapes me) on the set said the exact same thing. It doesn't matter who they bring in to be DC because its Quinn's system.

Same thing with Payton on offense. Pete Carmichael and all the other offensive assistants are a valuable part of the organization, but if these guys moved on for other jobs with other teams, it won't matter because we will not need to bring in a different offensive coordinator with a new scheme. Payton put this system in place and calls the plays.

That's all I'm sayin.

To me, that is the best news so far.

Bobby Turner and Rick Dennison are the best in the league regarding the run game.

Falcons can not do better then having Turner with them.

This might be Quinn trying to save his back side. I could see him on the hot seat after that game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom