Falcons Safety: "...it makes it hard to play them with so much speed out there on the field." (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Showdown set with NFL's top offense
Friday - 10/30/09, 10:00AM
by John Manasso, Special to AtlantaFalcons.com

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- With quarterback Drew Brees at the top of his game and offensive-minded head coach Sean Payton spinning his wizardry, the New Orleans Saints have scored 40 points or more this season against some of the better defenses in the NFL.

Enter the Falcons with their bend-but-don’t-break defense -- ranking eighth in the NFL in scoring but 25th in yards per game -- which broke in last Sunday’s 37-21 loss to the Cowboys.

In Monday night’s significance-laden NFC South tilt at the Superdome, the Falcons (4-2) will have to hold their own against the 6-0 Saints and all of their weapons, which have helped to produce the NFL’s third-ranked running offense and sixth-ranked passing offense for the top overall spot.

A Falcons’ secondary that took a battering against Tony Romo in surrendering 299 passing yards will have to rebound. Falcons safety Erik Coleman said that while the Saints’ offense is complex, it’s the execution of defending it that is most nettlesome.

"I don’t know if it’s hard to make the right calls, it makes it hard to play them with so much speed out there on the field," Coleman said. "They have great match-ups everywhere on the field and they do a great job of getting the ball to their playmakers." ...
Read more...
http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/Articles/2009/10/22-31/Preview_Falcons_Saints_10-30-09.aspx

There is going to be a landslide of points from our offense. Which will then lend itself to the Falcons feeling the need to keep up and sling the ball over and over again.

Enter Darren Sharper who will have 3 INTs, 2 of which will be returned for TDs. This game will be over early.

On Thursday the had Falcon LB M. Peterson on Sirius. He said that the Falcons needed to concentrate on stopping the run and get Brees into 3rd and long situations.

PLEASE, I hope they actually try to do this. Drew will eat them alive with playaction tosses to Shockey and Colston.

On Thursday the had Falcon LB M. Peterson on Sirius. He said that the Falcons needed to concentrate on stopping the run and get Brees into 3rd and long situations.

PLEASE, I hope they actually try to do this. Drew will eat them alive with playaction tosses to Shockey and Colston.

Hmm, I for one don't care to see any 3rd and longs. Yes we have good matchups but 3rd and long takes away quite a few of those and puts too much pressure on the Offense. Be careful what you wish for.

We need to wear them out & demoralize then.​

Dude, thats unpossible, they are Falcons. They already have no morals.:mwink:

/afore I get corrected, yeah I know thats not what demoralise means. It just cracked me up to say that Falcons have no morals.

Win by 1 or 20... Getting up 3 games would be great.... Cannot overlook them though , they are 4-2 and lost to a rested Cowboys team and the patriots...

I'm looking for Drew to perform surgery on this porous Falcons defense. As a previous poster said, this will make them one dimensional, at which point, we introduce Matt Ryan to Mr. Sharper.

good read man thanks for posting, the falcons definetly know how important this game is to their season, this game wont be a push over...till about halfway through the first quarter when we unleash dolphinisk vs saints 1st quarter hell.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom